Can i grow marijuana in 1-gallon milk container?

I constructed a system for growing White Widow marijuana plants. Eight days later, the plants are 6 to 8 inches in height and have several leaves growing in their 1-gallon milk carton containers. The roots are already at the bottom. Will these containers be okay for the White Widow marijuana plants moving forward?

If you want to grow these marijuana plants without transplanting them, your only option is to force them to flower in around a week when they are a foot tall. They’ll be rootbound by harvest time, but the buds will still grow nice and big with a balanced bloom fertilizer.

MrGreen

I used to grow a sea-of-green method using 2 liter soda bottles with the top cut off.
Small pots work fine you just get small plants.

Now I’m growing fewer plants, but letting them get much bigger before flowering - and I use 5 gallon pots.

I think if you are going to spend so much time and money you should try to do everything the best you can.

start with good seeds, put them in rock wool plugs. when you see the root , put it in a 5 gallon cloth gro bag with 50/50 mix of coco perlite.
once you see the root structure this method produces I cant imagine anyone going back to plastic pots.

I find it interesting. Asking and answering your own query; And, Then to take opinions. I like it.
If you want to grow a plant and get a bigger yield in a 1 gallon milk jug, and not have to transplant…Go Hydro!
You can add an air stone and make a 1 gallon bubbler. Top off as needed with ph’d water or fresh nutes. Hardly any waste. very Simple.
On another note; I learned from UK growers that adore “Sativa”. Plant Sativa in 1 gallon pots, then up to a 6 liter size. The fact that the plant becomes root bound limits the size, and allows for an earlier finish. Some UK growers grow their “Sativa” plants in 1 gallon to 6 liter pots using a 12/12 photo period from start to finish in order to get the Sativa’ finished in 90 days.
As mentioned here @ILGMJ; Shortening the photo period from 12/12 to 10/14, or more, will speed up finish. In this case we are emulating Autumn and very short days.