Can i go seed to flower in the same pot?

Should you plant the seeds in small containers and transplant them as needed? Or can you start off in the large container? I feel like starting off in a large container will prevent complications from transplanting.

3 Likes

Most folks start in a solo cup first to allow the roots to get established before potting up.
Usually makes for a healthier plant in the end.
That’s not saying that you can’t start in the final pot but over watering a seedling is much easier to do in a larger pot than a solo cup.
:v:

3 Likes

Photo period plants you should up-pot (small to large), autos should start in their forever home…

1 Like

Some growers do it either way. After mine germinate I place them in a solo cup then to there for ever home. Never had a problem doing it this way.

3 Likes

I’ve started in five gallon and one gallon pots. The plants started in five gallon pots grew much faster and it didn’t have any problems going that route. Like mentioned above though easy on the watering if you start in a big pot.

2 Likes

We start seed in solo cups. Once they get a goot root base we transplant them to 3 gallon gallon smart pot. While in the 3 gallon we slowly introduce them to natural light. After a few week, some healthy growth and a good introduction to mother nature we place them into there final 50/100 gallon smart pot.
If we get clones we skip the solo cups and normally go straight to the 3 gallon smart pots. The tactic changes alittle if the clones have been 100% indoor, greenhouse or outdoor. I never want to take a 100% indoor baby and toss it directly into the outdoor garden without a transition phase.

1 Like