Can i get some input on my seedlings?

6 seedling up for 24 hrs, light is now 18” above plastic cover, light is 1200w burple, 250 act watts, lil water, temps in box 78ish, humid 60-70%, the girls look kind of droopy, I have some 85w cfl, 5500k, would those be better than the led at this time? thanks.

1 Like

I’m by far not an expert but to me they are looking too wet.

edit: besides that they look pretty good. That light should be fine to start.

im going to crack the hood, and let it breathe more, its on a heat matt, basement is 67 deg, im not using a heater in my room yett. but may have to.

1 Like

I remove my dome after 48 hours above ground. Found I had issues if I left it on longer.

1 Like

light is 18”. should i use my hand for the light test and bring it down till its warm.? then raise a lil?

1 Like

I started mine like that. It was only about 12" from top. But quickly raised it to 18". You can wait and see if they stretch. Others with more experience will hopefully pipe in with some adivce.

My basement is only 58-62 degrees right now. Tent is at 70 degrees during the day and 65ish at night.

yeah, i think ill remove the lid, get rid of the heat pad, and set heater at 72 on timer with lights, basment stays about 68 deg 24/7

1 Like

Keep the heat pad. And lid holds rh at high levels. Seedlings love high rh.

1 Like

I put the lid back on, the light keeps it at 75 deg, so i pulled the heat pad.

1 Like

looking good

Bro, go get some T5’s…50mm jiffy peat pots. Take your seeds and soak them in piss warm water for 6-8 hours…or until they sink. If they don’t sink in that time, the seed is no good. Get a warming mat and mondi trays with the lid. Get a paper plate and some paper towels…ok.

Now, soak the paper towels in water and layer the paper towels in the bottom of the plate so there are 5 layers pour any excess water off. Now, take your seeds that have soaked and position them 1” away from each other on top of the wet napkins. Make another layer of wet napkins and lay them over your seeds. Place another plate over that to cover everything up and place in a warm dark room. In 24 hrs the seeds will tail out. Take the seeds and carefully place them in the 50mmjiffy seed starters after you have activated them with warm water. Place them under the t-5 lights in the mondi tray with a heat pad underneath at 80 degrees. Once the seedlings sprout in the jiffy seedstarters, open the vents on the mondi lids and place the t-5 light as close to the lid as you can. Do not Use nutrients for 10-14 days and hit em with 500ppm solution at a PH of 6.0