Can I Dry in a Tent with a 12:12 Light Schedule?

I’m in a bit of a predicament and looking for advice. I currently have 2 plants going. One was unexpectedly an auto-flower. The other is a photo. The auto is going to be ready for harvest in a week or two while the photo has many weeks to go. I only have 1 tent, and I planned to dry my plants in the same tent that I’ve been growing in. I don’t have a lot of other options because of how strong the smell is if the plants aren’t in the tent. Can I dry the auto in the tent while I still have a12:12 light schedule? I’ve read that a dark place is best for drying, but I’m not sure how imperative it actually is.

1 Like

Darkness is best, but it’s not mandatory. What you should really be focused on is temp and humidity, which should be ~70F and ~60% RH.

1 Like

You want to be careful drying in direct light. It bleaches the bud, alters the chemical
makeup of your cannabis and adds heat by way of light photons and energy dissipation.

You ideally want a cool dark place for drying.

5 Likes

I usually dry my buds in a closet when I can’t use my tent.

1 Like

Could you get a large cardboard box next to your tent and hook the venting up so you’re pulling your tent air through the box first? I assume you’re wanting it to run through the charcoal filter…

3 Likes

My first thoughts would be same as @Underthestairs small cardboard box an little bit of flex connected to tent fresh air pulling through box and out exhaust carbon filter, should take care of smell.

3 Likes

Those is a good idea that I could make work. Thank you.

3 Likes

I also had plants ready before the others and had to make a plan with a box lol.

2 Likes