Can I combine my autos with photos?

I have 4 ww autos in week 13. I have 6 photos about 3 weeks into flowering & needs more lighting. The autos light schedule is 18/6. The photos have been flipped (12/12). Is it possible to combine all of these in one room under the same lighting schedule as the photos (12/12)?

1 Like

Yes you can combine your Autos with your photos continue 12 /12 light schedule, Autos will be fine.

10 Likes

Awesome :sunglasses: Thanks !! :green_heart: :raising_hand_woman:t2:

2 Likes

Yes, but with a potential loss in yield on your autos slightly as now they are getting 6 hrs less of light a day.

1 Like

But at 13.5 weeks & just waiting for the white pistols to lessen you think it would matter?

Asking cause I urgently need to add 6- 5’ photos n the same room.

Doubtful. Throw in the photos I’d say. But I’m no expert.

2 Likes

Depends on DLI, your lights. During flowering even with autos it’s quiet silly to run 16/8. 12/12 isn’t just for photoperiod. The dli for a a flowering plant is the same for auto as it is for photo period. So why are you wasting 4 hours of energy. Unless your light isn’t good enough to reach target dli in a 12 hour period.

3 Likes

Your plant can’t use more than 60 dli ever unless you are supplementing co2.

1 Like

This is how I have done my indoor grows. I grow autos and photos together and when the photos get flipped the autos get 12/12. Usually the autos are pretty far into flower but don’t seem to be affected by the change.

3 Likes

Cool. So on the same token, say you have some photos finishing up on 12/12 & need to start some autos on the same 12/12.
Then, swap the autos to 18/6 after the photos are done while starting new photos? Anyone travel this road & perpetually run the two together?

2 Likes

@CC_Mo I start my photos and autos at the same time. Run 18/6 light schedule till time to flip photos to 12/12 for the remaining time of the Grow . Autos will finish first and free up space to finish your photos at full potential. I consistently Harvest 28 oz’s dried and cured buds. With two autos an two photos in a 4x4 space. This would be what it looks like Day of flip to 12 /12 light schedule. Good luck

4 Likes

I have also only started autos and photos at the same time. I have no idea how autos would react to being put back to 18/6, (I run 17/7)
I would think that light intensity could have more of a factor on how they react to going to longer days in flower. They might start showing fatigue or deficiencies but it shouldn’t effect them turning hermie. At least that is the theory behind running autos.

3 Likes

In my experience when they go too long they always Hermi and the potency stops increasing at that point. I say look at the trichs if they cloudy pick it

3 Likes

That’s pretty nifty planning & a great yield for a 4x4! Nice.
I’m still curious how autos would react flipping the other way. As in while the photos were finishing up, starting more autos on the 12/12 & then bumping them to 18/6 along with the new photos. Thinking too much maybe lol…

2 Likes

Autos will grow under just about any reasonable light schedule. I’ve used several different light schedules on autos personally i don’t see a whole lot of difference in the yield. 4 to 6 oz’s would be a good Average with other plants in same space. I’ve never tried growing just one in my space I’m sure you could get more by spreading one plant out.

2 Likes

Thanks for all the great info. I was given these plants & am having to finish them.

1 Like

You’ll be fine go ahead with your plan.

2 Likes

Thanks!! Thanks! Thanks!

1 Like

It will probably be an unpredictable party in the tent

1 Like