Can fungus gnats do this?

I see a mag deficiency . Purple stems, lower leaves yellowing in margins.

1 Like

@Watt-Sun yes mate I thought that too. I gave it some Magnesium Chelate at less than half the rate recommended, twice, 1 week apart. After more leaves started yellowing. The last was a week ago now. Do you think I should try giving her some more.?

1 Like

@Watt-Sun I didn’t spray the foliage just put it in the water. Perhaps I could try the foliage spray when I turn the lights off to avoid burn from the lights.
This is a better photo.

1 Like

I can’t say I’m familiar with that brand. For a magnesium foliar treatment I usually use a mix spray of water and Epsom salt. The really damaged leaves will not recover so I’d watch for any progression from the point you started adding the magnesium

1 Like

I’m not too sure about this stuff either, I bought some Epsom Salts today and will give it a try next water. It seems to be recommend in a lot of research I have done. Is it okay to spray the foliage at the start of flowering?

Yes I don’t see any reason you couldn’t use it in early flower. Epsom salt is all natural.

2 Likes

Thanks, I’ll give it a try…

1 Like

Yeah I haven’t had any issues once I started using Epson salt, I use rain water ppm 0005 so need it lol or call mag I guess

2 Likes

I bought Sensi Cal Mag Xtra from a hydroponics store online that worked great within a week.

The sensi is good but high in Nitrogen. The GH caliMagic is only 1-0-0 . good for when your in flower and don’t want the extra N.

1 Like

Man, I was so overrun trying to research growing clones, lights, feeding and humidity etc and then being overrun with pests (new to the indoor thing), that I’ve barely researched nutrients. It’s been a bit of reading here…then upgrade lights… more reading… stop watering… look for better this and/or that!

So, what I currently have in my nutrient arsenol is sensi cal mag xtra, bat guano (from online hydro shop), plus GOGO Juice, Seamungus pellets, powerfeed all in one hydroponic and Manutec trace elements ( all from Bunnings).

Good to know. :blush:

1 Like

Yeah Baz4, I know what you mean. It’s all very new to me, so much to learn about indoor growing. I’ve been growing veggies outside for ever, but this is a different game. I haven’t used much nutrient, just a bit of chook poop dissolved in water early on. Everything has been good up till the yellowing leaves. I gave her a bit of Epsom Salts in her water last night. And she seems to look a lot happier already this morning. I’ll spray the leaves tonight when I put the lights out. :thinking::grin:

@Dillo, how are your plants going? I had to ditch 3 of my clones due to a spider mite infestation.

That’s not good news for you mate, are they an indoor grow? My plants are looking much better since I gave them some Epsom Salts, really seemed to perk them up. I put some in the water then the next night at lights out I misted the foliage. I’m keeping an eye on them, but all seems okay for now.

That’s good, mate. Yeah, first indoor grow. I saw a few webs and dusted all the leaves with DE and realised they were too far gone with the mites. Oh well, onward and upwards. Glad to hear your babies are doing well!

@Baz4
@Oldguy
@Davyg
Just an update on my girls.
I let the Gold leaf veg for 7 weeks, then switched the lights to 12/12.
Three weeks since switch, I think they are too bad… so far.

The first three are The White Widow and the last two are Gold leaf.
Seed bought from here…

2 Likes

That’s too bad mate… keep at it They sound like nasty little buggers…:woozy_face::woozy_face:

@Dillo they’re looking good. A secret weapon against bugs is a vacuum cleaner. Its amazing just home many bugs just cannot resist its draw :sunglasses:

1 Like

Yeah, they don’t play nice! :skull_and_crossbones: It’s all good though…made some room for my new GG babies. :grin:

1 Like