Can desiccants or other non electric means, control the humidity levels in my small grow setup?

A question of a fellow grower:
Can desiccants or other non electric means, control the humidity levels in my small grow setup? Here are the details.

1. Have not built it yet but it is going to be an outdoor/indoor operation. I am thinking grow house outside with doors and ceiling that can be easily opened during day for sunlight, wind, etc. It will be sealed with plenty of exhaust and intake fans as well as circulation fans for when it is closed at night. VIPARSPECTRA Par700w light for supplemental evening lighting. Probably 4’ x 8’ in size growing 6-10 plants (in different stages). May add a second light depending on how first crop pops.

2. I live in a very high humidity environment (Hawaii). Humidity outside is almost always in the 70% range and is rarely below 60%, many days reaching 80% +. We run a whole house dehumidifier, but there is zero room in our house to have the grow setup so that is not an option. Even if it were, we struggle to keep the house at 60%.

3. Electricity is VERY expensive here so I do NOT want to run an electric dehumidifier. In addition to electric costs, it would also add heat to my grow room which will already be a challenge to manage without an air conditioner. That is, unless I had one that could be ducted like my whole house one, but that is overkill for a space this size (4’x8’).

So, I have chosen mold resistant strains and am ready to sprout them. Let me know what you think. It’s my last chance!