Can auto flowers develop seed?

The last seed in the packet from ILGM’s CBD Kush auto sprouted. It was harvested and hung two weeks ago. That’s when I noticed a few seeds falling to the table. I thought I’d be safe leaving the plant beside a male strawberry cough male plant I used to fertilize the regular females. The seeds have really good look. Should I throw them away or try to plant them?

2 Likes

Welcome to the community. Yes, they can develop seeds from stress (hermie) but as you had it near a male it pollinated it. I would go ahead and plant them.

2 Likes

Always run seeds I think worth a shot

2 Likes

Agreed. They will carry characteristics from both genetic lines but may or may not be autos when you plant them.

3 Likes

I found a dozen viable seeds in my 4 WWA outdoor plants and they work great. The 3 I did germinated perfectly even and were female

3 Likes

Thanks for the answers. I’ll have to wait till next growing season to plant them. Do I need to get the seeds down to 8% moisture level to store them in the fridge? I’m assuming the seeds have to be properly prepared for storage.I know enough about that process to be dangerous. Thanks for the help!

1 Like

That part I have no idea I just store my seeds that I bought in the fridge

Store them as you would any seed you purchased.

1 Like

I did plant them as I would any other cannibis seed. To my surprise, I didn’t get any to germinate. I did plant them beside other seed I bought from ILGM. They had a 100% germination. So the seeds from the homegrown auto flower were not viable.

sorry to hear that. But a worthy attempt made! It would have been neat to see those two genetics play out.