Can anyone identify whats going on with my plant

Im in the second week of flower organic grow fox farm and promix soil…i use down to earth nutes(N.K) and calmag earth worm castings.tent is 78 to 83°f water 1x a week or as needed humidity is 55 to 60% light is the viparspectra ks5000 at 100% at 16in

1 Like

I was gonna say cal mag? But looking at tips of other leaves, it looks a little nute burn.
What ppm are you feeding? What’s the PH?
Any guess @kellydans @Carpenter

Can you fill out the deets in this support ticket?

Also here’s a handy chart for your reference. Deficiency takes many forms, these are just a few ideas.

2 Likes

I have been staying around 1500 ppm sometimes more or less i use cal/mag everyother watering…this is my second grow ever

What strain, platinum gorilla

• Method: organic soil

Fox farms, promix

• Vessels: 15g fabric pots

• PH of Water, 6.5 going in…i never have run off

• PPM/TDS or ec. Ppm 1500 to 2k give or take

• Indoor or Outdoor…indoor

• Light system…ks5000

• Temps; Day, Night…78 to 81° day…75 to 72° night

• Humidity; 50 to 60% day and night

• Ventilation system; Yes, ac infinity 6in inline fan
• AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,…yes to all thr humidifier isnt in the tent…hasn’t been for about a month

• Co2; Yes, No…no

…i last fed 3 days ago with a ppm of 1800 and that was me hoping to correct the issue but nothing has really changed good or bad so far…this is my second grow ever so im still brand new to this…

1 Like

Might need to supplement P a bit. If already boosting K she will want both going into flower. Havent done nutes in a bit so rusty. Also mag deficiency can look like that. Just added epsom to a few girls. Living soil reused that was light on it. Just my thoughts. You are in good hands up here. Will get it figured out.

1 Like

:point_up_2: this is critical Growmie, if you’re testing PPMs, test the PH. The run off will prevent a lot of root issues. Initial thought is a magnesium deficiency and some possible calcium deficiency. Bump up your calmag and add a 1/2 teaspoon of epson salt :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

My 1st thoughts a minimal amount of nute burn (1500 to 2000 ppm)
I Would also add a full dose of cal mag .
Good luck

3 Likes

Potassium or phosphorus i would say if you give her some more pk or even a banana tea with molasses that should fix ur problem for both potassium and phosphorus

2 Likes

Thankss for all the information and i thought with living soil i didn’t need to have run off…my next watering ill water til run off and measure the ppm if that…what am i looking for high ppm or low ppm…im guessing low if its deficiencies

I bought some P.K follier spray do u think thats the way to go or should i add it to the soil aswell…there should be plenty in the soil can anything lock out P.K

High ppm is a sign that there’s nutrient overload - maybe showing you deficiency because she’s overwhelmed and can’t eat. Low ppm is a sign she’s hungry. Adjust accordingly.

For what it’s worth, I generally don’t class Fox Farms soil in among a good, high quality living soil. Promix may be different - I honestly haven’t looked into it deeply but know it comes highly recommended as a safer alternative to FF soils.

2 Likes

I have heard thr same things thats why i mixed them…would a flush be beneficial and is it eaiser to treat one or thr other deficiencies or toxicity

Depends on the PPMs out in the runoff

Deficiency theoretically is easier- just diagnose the deficiency and feed the appropriate nutrients. In practice I find them similar to solve, neither one difficult if you are patient enough to learn how to read the leaves. :100:

You can do both if u want to , i would feed them through the soil and then a light misting with the spray pk

I want to tell you your plants look nice but mine did the same thing. I placed my plant on an old piece of wood but didn’t realize the roots grew threw the fabric pot and were exposed to that old grime on the wood. This is what I did I transplanted my plant in a kitty litter container with a raised bottom so more air can get to the roots underneath. I was adding nutrients maybe a little too much. They are good but can’t go too strong with these plants maybe just a little once a month. I am not a pro either just my two pence.

The ppm of the run off was 3k plus so i flushed to 789 ppm my water is 289 ppm so i flushed out 2500 ppm of nutes then fed a tea i had brewing for 48h for my other plants…that was 700 something and my ph kf my water was 7.4 after the flush…i was low on ph down so i did most of the flush without phing the water the last 28gs i phed…to 6 to 6.8(was low and didn’t want to run ouy b4 i completed the flush ) hopefully that fixes her problems i created haha…thanks for the information…QUESTION: is there an organic nute program thats easier to follow then guessing haha.

1 Like

Do you have a pic of the whole plant ? Im new , but was thinking maybe your light at 100% & only 16inches from them might be toooo much, also brown tips could be light burn or nute burn, ive heard its kinda good to push your plants, but dont send them over the edge lol, just my 2 cents. Im learning as i go

Earth dust is all the buzz lately. Water only kinda program, @MeEasy has tons of info. Check out his journal or ya can find it on the web

2 Likes

I personally really like the natures pride bloom dry. You just sprinkle it on thru the flowering phase & just water