Can anyone have a look at the sprout that looks to be coming up weird and tell me if I should do something

Can anyone have a look at the sprout that looks to be coming up weird and tell me if I should do something? It appears to be possibly sprouting backwards? I do not know really right at where the seed hole is appears to be a little leaf, but it sure formulated weird and I would def prefer to keep it.

2 Likes

1st things 1st can you take a pic under normal light conditions so i can get a good look :wink:

1 Like

Yeah - can’t really see it but it kinda looks like the leaders are stuck together with the film-y kinda stuff from the shell. Or maybe the shell is still stuck on there?
You can moisten it and after it softens a bit kinda ease it off with a toothpick or something…GENTLY.

Okay, I will load up a new picture here in another hour or 2, I have to take off for a bit. But, hopefully it will make it.

Here are some better pictures. That is a leaf in the hole just so you know, I have 4 heavy duty humidifiers blasting them with mist inside of a humidity dome normally with red and blue lights on them and a nice fan on for some good air velocity to blow the excess humidity out of the room to control humidity levels.

Oh yes sir keep that shell moist and it’ll fall off … spray bottle is best imho for the job… spray it leave it moist repeat for a few times and it’ll be done for… just went through that situation not to long ago again :rofl::muscle:

Well, I do not think that it could be a shell problem. I do not see a shell. It looks like the root went really far up and it is sprouting weird because of it.

I see that but thought there was a piece of shell still on … that is trippy root syndrome… :rofl:

It is indeed.