Can anyone give a review on this light?

2 Likes

Welcome to forum :grinning:

How much do you want to spend on light? :thinking:
I have bought many lights based on what the advert tells me and have ended up wasting my money.
I would buy a quality light from the start,then you do not have to worry about upgrading.

2 Likes

I am just starting out. Trying 6 autos in a 4x2 closet. I have a 4" fan for air circulation and just need some guidance on size, wattage, so on for sufficient light.

1 Like

That light will not be sufficient, 65 watts is it ?

yes. here is some more info. do you have any recommendations around or under $200

1 Like

You are in USA?
HLG make some of the best lights.
I really would do some research on quality lights because I have wasted hundreds on Amazon
and E-Bay lights.
The money I wasted could have bought me an HLG.
Viparspectra make good quality budget lights and Mars.
I am sure you will get other people helping you here.
Wished I knew about this forum years ago before I bought lights.
My motto now is ,Quality.

1 Like

I was looking at one of the MarsHydro lights. I think it was 150W LED. thanks for the help :v:

1 Like

So unfortunately its going be near impossible to light a 2x4 for under $200.
You’ve definitely came to the right place if you want to do things right :grin:

6 plants in a 2x4 is also alot, this light says its about 65watts, that isn’t near enough to grow 1 small plant unfortunately.

On a budget, id say something like a spiderfarmer sf2000 light (around $200ish) and 2 plants in a 2x4 is about the best you can do and actually get a nice harvest.

I know this because it is exactly what i started with a few years ago…
If you could spring for 300watts worth of light then you would light up that space good.

Welcome to the group and please dont get discouraged, ask any questions you may have and we do our best to help you along :grinning:

6 Likes

Also check Facebook market for 2nd hand grow lights.
So many people buy stuff, try, fail, then sale their stuff cheap :grin:
Most everyone is a HLG fan and some believe its the only lights that work :sweat_smile:
And they are top shelf, but very over rated, many great budget lights out there and lots of trash to…

2 Likes

not discouraged at all. looking forward to learning and having fun. thanks for the information.

1 Like

ulHg39sqOYuZdOQRnj
Where are you located?
That light is a no go.
I wish i was here when I bought my first set up.
Try hlg refurbished.
Spider farmer.
Mars hydro.
If you’re going to grow, light is the number 1 piece of equipment.
Figure about 40 w per plant.
You have come to the right place!!

3 Likes

I would definitely avoid any light with a built in cooling fan. This is the type of light that the Chinese ripped off from others a decade ago.

1 Like

This would be perfect and is just a little more than 200
Use the code “DUDE” to get the 10% off.

4 Likes

Discount code: DUDE for 20% off as well

2 Likes

I just ordered a second one of those last night. IMO this is one of the best deals at HLG. The code DUDE gives 10% discount with free shipping. When I added a pack of Wago connectors they added $12.50 shipping. So started over and just ordered the light with free shipping.

2 Likes

Haha. Great minds think alike :rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl::pray:t2::call_me_hand:t2:

1 Like

I wish that great mind could have stopped me from buying bad lights when I started :sob:

1 Like

I bought an Amazon kingled (gonna say it was china fake) blurple light. $150. Then went GB 240 Courtesy of mentor recommendation! They’re sold out at the moment so went with the HLG courtesy or mentor again and these two lights are incredible for budget grower IMO!!! Neither have let me down and only improved.

I trashed the Amazon china/Taiwan/Sri lanka/India/Pakistan light!! JUNK

2 Likes

I had two of those type of lights. One has completely burned out but the other is keeping a mother plant alive in a cabinet. They do ok with a plant in veg…at least the ones I bought did…but struggle to flower a plant. Using them to start seeds tho seems ok. Not just weed but tomatoes, peppers, etc. do ok for a few weeks till I set them out. So I turned a poor purchase into an ok purchase. Just spent more than I should have.