Can anyone explain this?

Can anyone explain why this plant decided to do this? Both plants are the same strain-Zskittles Auto from ILGM-and were put down same day! It’s so bizarre right?

This is her sister lol

What kind of light are you using?

6 Likes

Hit what N. Looks hungry. Ask @Covertgrower

Looks like it’s a bum phenotype. You get that sometimes. I had one that did something similar.

2 Likes

Nice buds! Did you pinch or top the plant when it was younger? I hate growing auto flowers, I like to be in control of my girls.

2 Likes

Agree on the pheno, can’t see the whole grow towards the top for lighting but looks stretchy to me as if lighting maybe to high. :thinking:

2 Likes

I didn’t notice it was under a different light… that’s probably the more likely issue.

3 Likes

Definitely looks like lots of stretching, like others have mentioned maybe insufficient lighting, or possibly wrong hanging distance early on caused stretching. Plants also look hungry, have you been feeding any nutrients? Keep in mind happy frog will feed for 3-4 weeks, then you need to add nutrients.

3 Likes

This plant has a very strong old school sativa dominant trait. Generally tall and lanky with skinny leaves, very weedy looking. Kinda typical for landrace or heritage strains, less so for hybrid but it happens. They look hungry and the lighting may be questionable? If this plant gets the right food and intense lighting it will be 1 bud from bottom to top.
I also wonder why there is so much perlite in that pot? Its solid white?

3 Likes

Looks like stretching, next grow better light

2 Likes

My Sativas don’t look like that. For me…poor lighting with the way she is stretching hard. :pensive:

Plus my Auto Sativas don’t stretch to hard.

2 Likes

Oh dude, I definitely made some MAJOR mistakes early on. Bad lights, no mutes, etc… I have five GDP coming. Plus a huge brick of cocoa and all kinds of stuff

1 Like

No worries…most of us has been there done that as well. :+1::+1::+1:

2 Likes

I think once her little sugar leaves close to her buds start to brown/yellow and fall off I’m gonna take care down😞She won’t be nearly what she could be but I don’t want it to be a total loss by letting her die completely. What is your opinion brother? What would you do in this situation?

1 Like

@Myfriendis410 is awesome about identifying problems. I would let her fatten up as much as you can. Understand tou don’t want it as a total loss. I had scrawny when I first startrd and now I grow Super Monsters indoors. :+1::+1::+1:

3 Likes

Looks like plant is far enough along that you could harvest.

1 Like

4 Likes