Can anyone enlighten me on ChemDawg strains?

So I got the clones my buddy give me ChemDawg “hence the title lol” and was taking advice from him. Well the more I learn the more I realize how much he don’t know. No PH, no PPM just pretty much light and go. Well whatever works right? But I believe it can work better lol. I was curious if anyone could just shine more light on this particular strain.

Here they are when I got them.

Here they are 5 days later.

Again just looking for insight and advice on what to expect from this strain.

TIA

Jbum

1 Like

I grew one last year.

Did nothing special to it, produced about half a pound

6 Likes

What is Chemdog?

Chemdog has developed quite the name for itself over the years. Between its mysterious origin, ambiguous genetics, and the plethora of successful crosses the strain has produced, Chemdog has practically secured itself a permanent place in the cannabis hall of fame. The original source of powerhouse strains like Sour Diesel and OG Kush, Chemdog is known for its distinct, diesel-like aroma. Pungent and sharp, you’ll be able to smell this hybrid from a mile away.

Cannabis newbies be warned: Chemdog tends to be very potent. Depending on grow conditions, this strain tends to have THC levels of 15-20%. Consumers can expect to have a very cerebral experience, coupled with a strong heavy-bodied feeling.

Find Chemdog

Oh no! This strain in flower is not available within 20 miles of your location.

Change your location to find cannabis.

Chemdog Effects and Attributes

• Effects
  • Medical
  • Negatives

Happy

Relaxed

Uplifted

Euphoric

Creative

Chemdog Genetics and Grow Info

• Grow Info
  • Test Data
  • Lineage

All values are averages.

DIFFICULTY

Easy

Moderate

Difficult

HEIGHT

< 30 in

30 in – 78 in

78 in

YIELD

0.5 – 1

1 – 3

3 – 6

FLOWERING

7 – 9 wks

10 – 12 wks

12 wks

STRETCH

< 100%

100 – 200%

200%

Chemdog Flavors

1. Earthy
    1. Diesel
    1. Pungent

Per leafly

3 Likes

Wow that’s awesome! Great job on that!

1 Like

Perfect! Great info

1 Like

Are you looking for info to grow or on the strain? Before you start LST you need to have it in its final pot. How large are the pots they are growing in? What is the soil? They also don’t look healthy. They need nutrients. Easiest is to add nutrient feeds like GH Flora. Sounds like you have a pH meter and PPM meter so that’s a great start. Also you will need light. What do you have now. Given it is leggy your light is poor. How much are you willing to spend? Finally where will you grow them. A closet is your best bet to contain the smell and be able to control your environment. Lots of questions on what you are looking to do.

Yes growing them. I know they don’t look to healthy but that’s how I received them :rage:. I only did a little LST to get some better light past the yellow leafs. They are under a HLG 320 XL now and in a 4x8 tent. I did give them some Medi One it looked to be Phosphorus deficiency. They are in one gallons just put in last Thursday (not by me) and are going in 7 gallon air pots no later than Saturday. Soil is PRO mix and honestly not very well transplanted but I believe I can save them lol.

@WickedAle

I am assuming you are referring to thin and long and no damn leaves?
Can you explain more on this please?

Yes. You got it. If you don’t have enough light the plant will grow spindly, airy…long distance between nodes and no branching.

Now that you have them under a good light you want to get them to branch so cut the top of and bend it sideways and hold it down with wire or a tie. Bit before you start this, is it in the final container. If not transplant into the media you want to grow in and then do it. If it’s 3 gallons or lower you should think about 5-7gal. Your light can really take those plants and make them beautiful. And then what are your plans for nutes. Will this come from the soil or are you planning to feed?

1 Like

It appears new growth is doing ok? Again first grow and shabby start so I’m just assuming I’m on the right track.

Can’t tell what’s new and what’s not, but I see potential…lots of potential. Cutting off the top and starting new tops from side branches is your best bet. If you do transplant don’t put the stem in the middle, push it to one side so you have something to tie down too or stake down into. You are using promix which is peat based. You want to use a simple nutrient package. GH Flora works well, but others do to. PH 5.8-6 is your target and given their size they can get fed almost full strength pretty quickly. You want to target ~1000-1100 runoff. Also you will need CalMg in the feed according to the schedule since peat and coco absorb the cal/mag in the nutes.

2 Likes

They are in Pro Mix now do I have to stay with that? No Coco in yet but I would like to use that and perlite. Would pro mix along with those two be an ideal soil? And I will definitely get the Nutes you are referring to tomorrow.

Promix (peat) and coco are compatible with each other given they both need to be pH’d to 5.8-6. Both need a basic nutrient package like GH Flora and cal/mag

2 Likes

Awesome @WickedAle thanks for the advice!

2 Likes

@WickedAle So what is the ball park distance I want between nodes?

1 Like

That’s really based upon the plant genetics but with your QB’s you won’t be able to see through the plant very easily.

1 Like

i regularly grow chemDawg91 and i love it. one of my strongest fasted growing strains and loves to be LST’d. strong diesel characteristics and pretty easy to grow honestly…

1 Like