Can any one tell me what is going on i am a newbie

PLANT IS IN 3rd week of veg when this started to happen

Maybe this will help ya. But looks like a bit of nute burn and nitrogen tox.

https://ilgmforum.com/t/deficiencies-with-pics-descriptions-and-remedies/31262/14

1 Like

More like wind burn to me. But you should put up a Support Ticket. Let me find it.

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
  • Indoor or Outdoor
  • Light system
  • Temps; Day, Night
  • Humidity; Day, Night
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
  • Co2; Yes, No

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner :slight_smile:

Thanks!

First of all I would like to welcome you to the family dirtyhari. You could not have chosen a better place to be. That being said, we will need more info. There is a support ticket that you should fill out giving us all your grow variable. But from what you provided it looks like too much nitrogen and light damage. I am sure others will chime in soon but look into filling out that support ticket for a more complete diagnosis. Good luck buddy!

on Raspberry Cough Strain

My medium is Reverse Osmosis water in DWC IN 5 gallon buckets

The plants are 3 weeks old under a 600 watt adjustable ballast set at 50%

Ph is 5.8 ppm is 1146 temp is 80 and humidity is 35

You should wait for other hydro growers, but ppm seems high and your vpd is off. That would make both suggested scenarios above trueish.

2 Likes

You never mentioned what nutrients your using and at what strength of each…?
But without seeing the whole plant , typically you should only be around 500 to 750 ppm and for me that still seems high…
I’m 5 weeks into flower right now and barely hitting 750 to 825 ppm …
Also you didn’t mention how often your emptying your buckets and refreshing everything…?
Also what are water temps…?
You also never mentioned room temps or humidity…?
All of these things are important…
So my question to you is , how bad do you really want our help…?:thinking::upside_down_face::wink::+1:
Sorry, just reread … your room temp is pretty high which leads me to believe that your water temps are to high…
Also your humidity should be around 65% to 75% …
Try to get room temps down to 76 at least…
70 to 75 would be best…

:v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

· What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed

Raspberry Cough (Clone)

· Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF

Hydroponics

· Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths

5 Gallon Buckets running 4 Gallons of RO Water

· PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)

Ph is 5.8

· PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable

PPM/TDS is 771

· Indoor or Outdoor

Indoor(heated garage room temp 70degrees

· Light system

600 watt Halide w/ dimmable Ballast running at 50% on 18hrs off 6 hours

· Temps; Day, Night

Day 75 night 71

· Humidity; Day, Night

Humidity 35%

· Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

8” exhaust 8” fresh air Just bought 16” reciprocating fan

· AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Humidifier

· Co2; Yes, No

No

1 Like

Sorry forgot a couple things sent you a pic of the nutrients I am using it is an all in one should I perhaps use separate liquid nutrients instead

Empty buckets 1 time a week cleaning hem w/ peroxide and change water

Have 2 other plants in same tent they are doing fine

Everything else is in my previous email

Thanks Dennis

1 Like

I’m not familiar with that nutrient line so can’t weigh in. I like General Hydroponics and generally just stick with that when I’m in DWC or RDWC. I would suggest you upgrade your buckets to something larger. I use 14 gallon yellow top totes from HD. This will give you enough liquid that when the plants get large you won’t be chasing PH issues DAILY, along with having to add water, again, daily. Larger rez means more time between rez changes and room for a larger root mass. 5 gallon buckets work but not very well.

1 Like

Ppm is way high! That’s flowering level almost. You should stay low unless you see deficits. More food in hydro does not equal faster growth. Target 600 to 700 for veg unless you are supplementing with bottled CO2 and heavy wattage! Start slowly upping the ppm towards the end game and don’t forget to flush!

I won’t argue about other stuff because that’s what I posted. But I’ve never “flushed” a plant. I don’t believe its necessary if you play your cards right.

I don’t flush either, my weed is all organic. My veggies are hydro. I may do a hydro cannabis plant this winter for a mother? We shall see? All my buds flush cuz they pump their dope full of shit right to the bitter end. I guess that’s why I prefer outdoor lol cuz my weed tastes way better.

3 Likes

I am strictly outdoor as well. I don’t understand all of this pH and all of that other mumble jumble to me it’s foreign. You guys would probably faint if I told you how I grow and I’ll tell you anyway LOL to me it’s a freaking weed. I reuse the soil at the end of the season we clean out all the roots… then i add some living soil to the old soil put some more Miracle-Gro and mix it all together shove it back into the pots, boom I’m regrowing LOL no I don’t understand all that other crap and my plants are beautiful!!! TASTY, but I use Fox Farms nutrients and grow like crazy. I’m on my 10th round of autoflowering seeds, even in the reused soil they grow like crazy… I love to learn Hydroponics but after reading all the problems and all the stuff that you guys go through I’ll stick to the reusing, adding, feedin, and really really old school method that works FOR ME

That’s awesome Teri! Many people grow that way. However, it isn’t a weed really, because by definition a weed is any plant that is unwanted.
The main advantage over hydro is control, effectively maxing out the plants uptake of nutrients. In pure hydro a plant will grow twice as fast as soil grown. Of course it also means you can mess stuff up twice as fast Lol!
What you are doing is a form of hydro because you are using partially depleted soil, essentially now a medium, and relying on fertilizer to grow your plants. So really you are somewhere between hydro and organic.
The reason I do organics is I like the natural flavors and it’s less work when it comes to feed ing and watering. You will notice if you start employing organics like compost, work poo tea, crop rotation, growing nitrogen fixing plants like clover, that what you thought was great pot was not as great as could potentially be.

1 Like

How hard is it to learn to grow Hydro? I’m very scared to, I have a 9 year old autistic son with mild cerebral palsy, and he has a lot of fits and his Outlet is to destroy LOL and I don’t want that to happen…so I go outside, but I don’t understand all the ph, and nitrogen stuff. I just put like I said the living soil, some Miracle Grow some nutrients…then germinate my seeds inside transplant mint into the red Silo drinking cups when they’re old enough stick them in the 7 gallon fabric pots. Every year Redondo Beach has a collection of all the Christmas trees and everything I guess they collect through the year…they bring it to a park and they mulch it down and create NICE, YUMMY compost and then they give it to everybody freeeee…when that comes around I add that to my plants, I put it in a great big new trash can and put it in a spice bag …you know the kind that you put all your spices in and then throw it in the soup and then take it out… I put all that compost in the bag, and let it make a nice thick dark tea and then water my plants, LOL and that’s work and that’s enough for me I don’t know if I could switch to hydro it just sounds like you have to be on it all the time LOL I like to be lazy…

No man, if what you are doing works, by all means keep doing it! Hydro is a lot of work, that I believe gets simplified once you get a system down. I have a friend that grows hydro veggies in a greenhouse, he buried the reservoir to keep it cool. It’s a huge reservoir so it’s fairly easy to keep balanced he has a spare pump, as you can imagine the plants need th pump!