CalMAg deficiency even though using 6ML/Gal every water?

First of biggest mistake a newbie can do is not having a grow log. Even though I have asked a few questions and read a lot I think the new grower needs a log for input/guidance so it does not end up like this. So I have been using Bloom city Calmag at 6ml/gal during every water. I know this additive has nitrogen in it as the calcium is coming from calcium nitrate but I do not think it is nitrogen toxicity. Can I up CalMag or am I missing the deficiency and it is Nut burn?

Will she make it the next few weeks to the finish line ?
here are the details:

What strain, ILGM Gorilla Glue AF
-Age of plant 65 days from sprout
-Method: FFHF
-Vessels: 2 gallon fabric pots
-PH and TDS of Water, Last water was pH of 6.85 with TDS of 311 on a calmag water day only
-PPM/TDS or EC Runoff check of above watering was 6.07/TDS 1190
-Method used to measure pH and TDS Apera EC&pH 60
-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, indoor 2.3 X2.3X 5 feet mars hydro
-Light system LED, SF-2000@ 85 % power
-Actual wattage draw of lights 175 watts from wall outlet
-Current Light Schedule 18 on/6off
-Temps; Day, Night day averages 74-77 day 68-72 night
-Humidity; Day, average 55-60% RH night time time 55-65% RH
-Ventilation system; , AC infinityT4 exhaust paired with S4 intake on same controller. Room it is pulling fresh air from is 72f and 45%RH
-AC, basement room is always ~68-72F big dehumidifier has room at 45 %RH constant to help tent
-Co2; , No

So the spots look like possible Calcium deficiency but I also see yellowing of leaves.

I would presume besides the outward leave signs this will interfere with plant development. Any ideas how to salvage? Other plant look fin but logging over my notes I saw a calmag issue at week two before i purchased additive.

2 Likes

I would probably do a slurry test to get the pH in the root zone. You may be experiencing lockout because you’re pH is a touch above range.

Even if I’m wrong, the slurry won’t hurt and you’ll get more info. Good luck

2 Likes

Thanks Last slurry test on Wednesday was a cal mag water only
Input was 6.85pH and 311 TDS
Run off was 6.07pH and 1190 TDS

1 Like

You’ve got a good grasp of your numbers, nice. So a slurry isn’t runoff though. That’s a soil sample from the root zone. Google it, not a crazy process.

Again I’m low on practical experience which makes me less helpful than I’d like.

@Myfriendis410 @PurpNGold74 @imSICKkid

1 Like

That’s your issue. Your runoff ph needs to be at 6.5 or around that. Just flush it until your runoff ph matches your input.

3 Likes

Great will do that now. What do you think 6.8 pH water with cal mag in it or just PH 6.8 water. Water is RO

1 Like

You cant ph plain R/O water because it doesnt have enough minerals to hold a steady ph. I would add the calcium and magnesium before you ph it. And I would stay at 6.5ph

2 Likes

I have already poured 2 gallons through a 2 gallon fabric pot. I am mixing up another two now. Funny it is almost like the FFHF is buffered as runoff is still close to 6.1 even though first 2 gallons was 6.5. I guess the happy trio leaves salts in the bottom. Thank you again

2 Likes

Score another for the Sickest One… thats a bit low and possibly locking out. But he said that. Just like to hear myself type lol.

1 Like

So I think I damaged the plant buds being out of pH for so long. It looks like the flushing did not help the old leaves and that is expected but I am concerned the bud damage is done. What can I do the next few week until harvest? Foliar Spray, hope and pray or take loss early? TIA

1 Like

No foliars. Just keep her soil well fed and she will live thru a few bad leaves.

Any of them dying that goes into bud, i would give a lil tug every couple days. It should pop out easily when its ready and u dont want to leave dead material in there too long.

1 Like

Thanks again. This is the runt of the tent. The bud does not seem to be developing. These buds don’t look fluffy like the other ones. I guess I was on autopilot since it had a few nodes. Now it all is coming back to bite me.

1 Like

Im far from experienced as last posters but could this person be feeding cal mag too late into flower? I think i remember being told to cut cal mag for end of flower feeding. 2 weeks or so. So cut cal mag for full month until harvest including 2 week flush at end?

I add CalMag because my water source is RO. If I bypass the RO filter the water is full of sodium ions as it still passes through a water softener as we are in a heavy limestone area. Ironic that the untreated water is Calcium rich but to hard to clean clothes with. After going through the softener the water is too salty for plants. RO system is being used to remove the sodium that replaced the calcium ions in the water softener.

2 Likes

Ive never used ro water so i get why im confused now. I just dechlorinate tap water. Has worked for me for a couple years. Have used Toronto tap water and rural Newfoundland water also.

1 Like