Calmag deficiency? Disease?

Asking opinions. Calmag deficiency? Sick? Blue dream looks like somethings going on compared to my gsc baby. In a general soil for local garden center. Have been using water only ph @ 7.0(out of tap). 55% r.h. 78° constant. Under a sun blaster t5 starter .

1 Like

Using soil not at correct ph will cause lockouts. Over watering will give them trouble too. That’s what I see. PH is too high and tap water contains chlorine.

Use an appropriate soil for cannabis and distilled water.

5 Likes

I’ve been looking into setting up a r.o. system but I cant find anything small enough for what I need. I let the soil just about dry completely in between waterings. I usually use ocean forest. And didnt. Maybe I should get a bag.

2 Likes

I bought the R/O Buddie from Amazon. Great tool.

2 Likes

PH needs to be around 6.5 going in and they look like they are stretching a bit so lights could be closer maybe.

2 Likes

Did you get 4stage, the tds monitor and float bob also? Easy to set up? How much waste water? Where to put the waste? More info the better. I’m about to buy em…

1 Like

About 3 to 1 waste to purified, does about 50 gallons per day, is less efficient in colder weather (optimal is 78F) and yes it’s got a resin cartridge to remove chlorine. I’ve had mine long enough the resin cartridge (most expensive component) is used up but I let my water stand anyway so no issue. It’s a good unit and a lot of us use the same one.

I just immerse my TDS meter in the output when I run it. I usually make 30 gallons at a time and put it into a standing reservoir I have for that purpose then siphon or pump it as needed.

3 Likes

I’d run it rite into my 25gal bin I use to mix/water. Not sure where I’ll run the waste to though…

1 Like

Does it hook up to a water spicket? I have a 1/2" pex water line with spicket end ran to my area currently…

1 Like

Does it hook up to a water spicket? Only runs when water valve on flowing? Not sure how they work …I have a 1/2" pex water line with spicket end ran to my area currently…

Yes; it hooks to a hose bib and has an adapter for kitchen faucets. One caveat: needs decent water pressure. Waste can go down the drain. I run it out and water other plants as the TDS of the waste in my area is only 900 ppm and they can handle it.

1 Like

The water line I currently use has good pressure, I wont have to worry about that. I Just have to figure out where or how to run/use the waste when I’m filling up my rez with the r.o. water…

1 Like

The outlet is a 1/4" polyflow tube: get a 100 feet and run it out the window?

1 Like

Shit if it’s that easy I’ll only need 25’ max to run it outside. I’m pretty sure I’m over thinking it all lol.

1 Like

Like you, I plan on letting the r.o. water sit for a day before I use it on the plants…as I’ll only need roughly 25 gallons per watering @ every other day. Going on my previous runs what I used.

This is what I plan on getting…putting the float valve on my 25gal rez I use to mix/feed. Would you reccomend this or no before I pull the trigger on it all…

1 Like

Do you use an automatic shut off valve like that screen grab I put up… for yours?

More than I have. I just run it until it’s full haha.

1 Like

I just use float valves for a swamp cooler… :wink:
:v::sunglasses:

1 Like

I have the same one. I bought the 4 stage, but removed the de-ionizing cartridge. Fits nicely under the bathroom vanity.

I’ve had mine well over a year, it sat in storage disconnected for several months, and I still get 0-10ppm out.

2 Likes