CalMag added , wait time for plants to bounce back?

My plants were low on calmag due to me switching the RO water, I just added some to my hydro system and I’m wondering on wait time to see the change ?

Watch the new growth,’
Damaged leaves do not heal.

2 Likes

Sorry for bad pics because it’s through my camera but I don’t know if the leafs were that bad that it won’t heal, or maybe I’m wrong

Last picture shows the plant looking like it need nutes. Too far away to see if calcium deficiency still, but as @Spiney_norman said the damaged leaves will not repair. Not a big deal though as long as you are on it now. Odd thing about the forum is if more than one picture is posted then I can’t seem to blow it up bigger.

1 Like

Weird about the pics … yeah I thought so too but I’m running both plants one in promix and one hydro at max ph perfect nutes

Hmmmm then watch for lock out. Is pH ok? RO is around 7

1 Like

Checked before I left and it was 6.0. Stays pretty steady with the nutes I use

Pretty much perfect pH. Odd though. Do you check PPM? You might try a slurry test if you are not finding anything else.

1 Like

YeH it was around 700ppm and still turning yellow so I bumped it to around 850ppm but still no change. I’ve been doing the same things as my last grow but the only change was the RO water, from my research it seems to be a common thing when going to RO.

I wanted to flip the plants a week ago but I’m trying to get them healthy first

Be somewhat patient, unfortunately some things take time to see the results. It is easy to assume nothing is happening. I consider a week the normal correction time span before things are really noticeable. The only exception is with water. Too much and its immediately obvious. Too little and its also fairly obvious.

1 Like

Looks like you are on top of it. I run pretty hot just at the point of burn. 1100-1220 commonly in my hydro with no ill effects. I pull back in pro-mix when I see the leaf tips burn slightly. I am a General Hydroponic nute guy for Pro-mix. Love how simple it is to use and great results. Very stable also.

1 Like

Yeah I really been working on my patients with my plants lol thanks for the advice

1 Like

I used GH for my first grow big I found the PH swing to much due to me being gone for sometimes 8 days at a time. So I went back to soil and got a load of spider mites lol haven’t had a lot of luck

1 Like

Im using promix and 25 percent supersoil, pretty much add water and watch grow for now.

1 Like

Bro, Normans like Yoda! Appears, drops knowledge then gone, Like a fart in the wind.
Too funny good stuff :joy:

3 Likes

3 Likes

Looks like the new growth is coming in greener

2 Likes

I’m anxiously waiting for Yoda’s thoughts…lol

2 Likes

Lol…I actually am more like Kermit.
Its looking good. Nitrogen will actually return most of the green to leaves except where damaged.
Wishing I had Jedi powers so I could stop my Northern Lights plant from taking over the tent.
That girl is growing bigger than anything I have done so far and not slowing down…YIKES!

Me in the grow tent with my banjo…

3 Likes