Calling all Commando growers!

That’s freaking insane! Love it!

2 Likes

I did a proof-of-concept grow that mimicked floating a grow bag on a pallet. which could be in a lake/pond/creek. I was thinking of that and using Grow Dots for a totally hands-off grow!
I filled 7gallon grow bags with 3" of lava rock, then had 5 pieces of 1/4" wicking cotton from the bottom of the rocks up to surface level, filled with ProMix (didn’t use grow dots on poc). Then I had them sitting in 3" of water for a 6 weeks. So you could cut a hole in the top of a pallet and sit in a bag in a lake, anchor it somewhere hikers couldn’t get to it or boaters see it easily. Swampy area with tall bulrushes.

After 6 seeks, I knew it worked so quit bottom feeding them water and started top feeding nutes! Easier to move them separately than in that blue tub filled with water! But in a lake on a pallet… :bulb:

6 Likes

Incredible! Great ingenuity! Beast mode!

2 Likes

In another thread here, someone posted that they knew someone that did ‘hydroponic’ type grows elevated on little wood tripods in a marsh…

2 Likes

Same here. Gotta admit I raised my hand. Although I guess I’m in my grow room with nothing but shorts on more often than totally commando. :joy:

2 Likes

I came in thinking the Gorillas was getting taking over by Commandos :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::metal:

2 Likes