Call it a New Beginning!

Absolutely. Enough Joe Blows on Instagram charge $50-$100 per pack of seeds to be cautious. Sunken Treasure and In House Genetics are the two I value most highly. A friend just tried my Sunken Treasure bud and said she got higher than cloud 9 - it hasn’t been cured longer than 12 hrs and she’s a pretty heavy smoker. I feel that speaks for itself, alongside the ease of the grow.

3 Likes

In house I’ve heard good things.

Mephisto is good for autos
Jordan from the island
Night owl
Ethos
Elev8
DNA genetics

For extracts ide grow bloom seeds co genetics they are a top hash genetics.

Growing flower vs extracts is a different beast and genetics should be treated as such

3 Likes

That’s definitely a big thing I’ll rely on fellow growers here for, recommendations on other banks. Obviously I’ll still be doing ilgm but in case I wanted to branch out, you as well as @Graysin have already mentioned some good candidates.

I’m longing for that high where I’m revisiting smoking in school :rofl:. I miss the days of being able to just be a dead giveaway to whoever looked at me because I was on cloud 9! I’ve gotten a good buzz off of what I’ve grown so far, same as I would from the bud I used to buy from whoever. Definitely nothing like the first few times though!

I never thought about different strains if extracts is the goal. I was looking at a press but then I’ve seen people on here gets machines they use everclear or something similar for. I haven’t had a dab in way too long now that I think about it.

1 Like

Vaping flower is the best experience

Dabs are nice but your tolerance will shoot through the roof and the addiction becomes much stronger… All in all I think extracts are a slippery sloap I’ve seen it first hand alot.

I can’t smoke so I eat edibles and now making gummies is so easy.

1 Like

I’ve never had too much luck experiencing edibles or gummies. Or I’m just impatient and I end up smoking before they kick in :rofl: I’ve talked to a couple people on here about vaping and I plan on trying it sometime in the very near future. One of the tough choices deciding does the extra cash go towards better equipment to grow or better equipment to enjoy the end results.

1 Like

I think buying a half decent vape is important because it’s an investment in your health…and as you explained enjoyment.

2 Likes

Do you use all coco or do you go the 70/30 ratio with perlite?

1 Like

Pure coco for me.

3 Likes

Coco and vermeculite here. close to 70/30 It looks like all 3 ways do good though

2 Likes

@Graysin @Not2SureYet this may be the time I try all three to see what one works the best for me in my environment. What better time as well to try my hand at cloning so I have a level playing field. The canna coco isn’t buffered correct?

2 Likes

Canna Coco should be washed and buffered. Mine was, anyhow.

2 Likes

When it comes to watering, when would you start adding Jack’s to the equation since it’s buffered? I’ve seen from many people feed with jacks and water to runoff everytime, but wasn’t sure if that applied to the early stages of the plant as well as if they were using buffered coco.

1 Like

I use Jacks every watering with my canna coco. The calcium and magnesium in the Jack’s is good to prevent the coco from leeching nutes from your ladies.

2 Likes

Should I still water to runoff from the beginning? I’ve read not to let your coco dry out but at the same time I don’t want to drown the plant in the early stages of life. I’ll be starting my first round with coco here soon in 3 gallon fabrics with autos. My first two grows I was doing six autos with ocean forest in half of the veg tent (10×5) but I think I’m going to bump it down to four. A little more manageable and I’m hopeful the growth in the coco will accommodate the two less plants.

2 Likes

Yes - I have a little plastic kids’ cup that maybe holds 6 ounces of water. I will feed my solo cup gals 2-3 ounces per once a day or sometimes (bad me) every other day. A good practice is to cut holes in the bottom of the cup, then put it inside another intact cup. You can empty the water into the coco, allow it to soak in for about 15-30 seconds (to ensure the medium is totally saturated), then lift the cup out and let the excess drain into the second solo cup. You can then either reuse or dump the runoff, depending on preference. I tend to reuse the water as long as I have a gallon or so nearby to dilute the runoff in.

Edit to say a couple things - coco is essentially easy mode hydroponics. It means you’ll see much more explosive growth than you saw in soil, as long as you really do give them water every day about 24 hrs between waterings.

Consequently, you can use fewer plants and a similar veg time to achieve the same result as you did with 6 plants in soil.

2 Likes

I’ve been looking into new ventilation before I put my next veg plants into the flower tent. I currently have the ac infinity raxial s6 as the exhaust at the top of one side going out into a hose and vented to the basement window. For intake, I just have a hose going out on the bottom corner of the other side with a basic rotating fan in each corner to help disperse the air being sucked in. I plan on putting in filters as well as upgrading the exhaust to the ac infinity cloudline series in order to kill the smell and hopefully eliminate any budrot (got a little bit at the end of this last grow). Once I purchase those, I’ll move the raxial s6’s to the intake side just to help with airflow. My question comes to the models of the cloudline series. One has a controller with speeds like the raxial I have now, and the other has a smart controller that you set highs and lows and the fan keeps it in that range. As long as the tent is in range, my understanding is the smart controller will kick the fan off. Would it be better to go the speed controller model and keep a constant air flow? Or will I not have to worry about any issues arising as long as the smart controller is doing it’s job and keeping everything in range?

1 Like

I had the smart controller but found myself overriding it and leaving it constantly on anyway. I like at least minimal (speed 1) airflow 24/7 for the sake of air exchange. Your controller can keep the temps and rh in range but not necessarily measure CO2/oxygen in/out.

2 Likes

I was leaning towards the basic one for the reason you mentioned, constant air exchange. I might get the smart controller if I can set it at different speeds depending on the lights being on or off, I have to read up a bit more on it to see if it’s capable. The app access and ability to monitor while away are a plus as well.

It would be much more efficient to have one powerful-enough exhaust fan, & enough passive intake area to support it.

Also, the exhaust fan you have now looks like it’s an axial fan, & axials don’t do well with any type of restrictions.
For exhaust you want a true in-line centrifugal fan, or a hybrid in-line centrifugal fan, & then tune your passive intake area to support it. The true in-line centrifugals handle restrictions the best. The hybrids perform more like the axial fans when restrictions are added, but if you go big enough, they can work too. Personally I would never bother with a hybrid, but if you want the fancy apps, then you might have to go with one.

Whenever you see stuff like fans in series & ‘helper’ fans, it’s always a band-aid for some other problem.

1 Like

Do you have any recommendations as far as what in-line fan to take a look at? I was looking at either the ac infinity t8/s8 for the 5x5 and the t10/s10 for the 10x5 with filters on the inside of the tent and the fan being hung outside the tent but I’m all ears. And is the passive intake area just where the intake is without the assistance of fans?