Calizona's Desert Sessions

How are you mixing your jacks that should should come out 900 to 1,000 unless you’re adding other supplements not sure if u have seen this chart ?

1 Like

How often are you watering I believe most people that use cocoa water everyday if it dries out you will have pH problems just my thoughts I use soil

2 Likes

Idk if it helps at all but I went maybe the first 30days or so feed/water/snack but never to runoff (1st 2 weeks I used a light dose of the clone jacks321 nute then started full regular feed) then got the first runoff and ppms were sky high like 4k lol so last feed I did 80% (literal Jack’s 321 3partA-2partB-1Epsom) and the ppms came down (around 3k) so Tonight I gave them all a full snack but never to runoff for snack and next will be another 80% Jack’s feed…my snack ppms are around 850 and feed(before adding pH up because it jacks it up) is usually around 1100. The only plants I see problems/deficiencies in are my solo cups but every big girl shows absolutely nothing but beautiful healthy growth I feel not even a top burn really. I play it like I’m in soil cuz that’s what I was told at the beginning

But the ingredients sure seem like Coco…I mixed it heavily with work casings and mykos and then lined the transplant hole heavily with mykos also and just feed like soil…I was doing feed/water/snack but now in flower and since I’m doing lighter feed(80%) and mostly the lighter side of the snack measurements I am doing feed/snack feed/snack… I try to make sure the pH in is always around 6.5 and out is hopefully never below 6 (so far not) and then I just compare the ppms out to what I put in…even the Jack’s instructions say 80% is good for most applications

Oh good here’s some guys who know jack I mean Jack’s lol I’m like the blind guy shopping for a TV over here trying to help I am glad you both showed up

If in Coco I believe pH should be 5.8 , 6.5 is for soil if you have time there’s a couple of videos on YouTube green geans garden he grows in cocoa only uses jacks has for years check it out very informative very beautiful grows a lot of good videos and info

3 Likes

Thats who I’ve been following. Green gene. I will take a look at those charts though for sure. Heading off to work but will get some runoff numbers later and post them up.

3 Likes

Just bump your ppms down to around 800-900, maybe flush them down with RO only first? 1400 is high. Im positive you will see improvement

3 Likes

Looks like we’re gonna have dryer weather this week and next.

2 Likes

So i have a few hours before the lights come on and I want to get a plan together. I want to give them just ro water. Am I correct in thinking I don’t need to ph the water? I will not be adding anything and I’m pretty sure you can’t ph, pure ro water. Anyone know? What would be the “perfect” numbers of the runoff? Like, if everything was “going good” numbers.

1 Like

I’ll let someone more with more experience than I speak to the runoff, but correct on the inability to PH RO water. It will take on the PH of the soil effectively.

You have to add something (nutrients, CalMag, or mix with de-chlorinated tap water) to get the TDS up in order to PH it.

1 Like

Do I need to? Or can I just run ro water through?

I ran RO though my last grow in Happy Frog for a flush, then put the last gallon in with PH’d Jack’s as I was correcting a PH problem not a nutrient overload and didn’t want to wash out too much of the good stuff.

I think you’d be safe running RO through, then deciding based on runoff if you want to “water” with nutrients or let it go until the next water / feed.

3 Likes

Thank you! Kinda what I was thinking. Get the numbers and go from there. I’ll post some results in a few hours. Lights on in 3hrs.

2 Likes

If your ppms are way high from watering with jacks every water put a supplemental day in between with your supplementals like recharge and whatever else you might use the Jax is going in at 900 to 1000 I would think 12 1300 runoff would be acceptable but as the newts build up may need a supplemental watering in between to keep numbers in check just my thoughts I’m reading through hellraisers journals he pretty much has Coco down with jacks maybe shoot him a tag he can probably give you some specifics on numbers and runoff

2 Likes

Alrighty then. I’m going to assume a ppm of 3400 and ec of 4.8 is a biiiiit too high. Even the girl that seems to love it was around 3k ppm. I don’t think a flush is in order but it’s close. I’ll be giving just water and snacks for a few feedings.

4 Likes

Yeah I just fed all of mine in soil it went in at 1062 after pH came out roughly 11 to 1300 on all 10 plants but I give them a water feeding in between with snacks

1 Like

Sorry to be here learning at your expense… I have one more soil grow then it’s coco time. Those numbers totally support the general consensus that they’re over fed…what’s your opinion on what happening?

1 Like

And what’s your plan to reel it back in? Flush? Reduced nutes?

1 Like

Well, I’m kinda lurking my own thread trying to get that answer. Why are they not taking the nutes? The pH of all six runoffs were 5.9 -5.8. So that’s good. Im giving silica and jacks everytime so that’s the only explanation. I will do just ro water one more time and measure runoff. If there’s still food in there, rinse and repeat I guess. I’m open to any and ALL suggestions

1 Like

Remind me, is this particular problem in soil or coco? If soil your PH is too low. If Coco were going to need someone with far more experience as the coco itself shouldn’t hold any nutrients, it’s effectively one step from hydro and what’s carried in the water should really be all that’s in there.

1 Like