Calizona's Desert Sessions

You did a great job!

We definitely need all the rain we can get. Weā€™ve had rain every day for the last two weeks and some of it was very intense. We have more flash food warnings again today. Rh in my greenhouse was 54% at noon witch surprised me.

2 Likes

Weā€™ve been getting some good rain over here in NM too, I think the last time I saw rain like this was in the mid to late 90s itā€™s been great

2 Likes

Iā€™m around 70 in the tent which is cool because itā€™s 100% outside.

2 Likes

I am going to need some help diagnosing a plant problem a little later. Ever since these girls sprouted, the oldest leaves always burn. The new growth always looks great but, one by one, the old stuff burns off. I have been giving them full strength jacks since birth and Iā€™m wondering if I should ease back a bit. Ill get pics when the lights come back on.

4 Likes

Looking at your last pictures earlier I was thinking that it was N burn clawing is the tell tell for N, I did question my thoughts because the leaves arenā€™t overly dark which would pretty much make me sure thatā€™s what it is

3 Likes

Heading in now. Iā€™ll get a better pic of what theyā€™re doing. I honestly think itā€™s just overfeeding. Iā€™ll either lower the dosage or mix a water only day in between.

1 Like

@MeEasy

Spent a minute reading up on N deficiency. Looks exactly the same but Iā€™ve been giving them plenty of it. I am going to water with just ro water tonight and catch a runoff number. The pH is really the only other thing that could be causing it. Might not be eating the N I give it. You can totally see itā€™s just the oldest fans that itā€™s affecting

3 Likes

Are the leaves real dark or do they look the same as the picsā€¦ my pics are always lighter

1 Like

About the same as in the pics. Just checked them and they havenā€™t drank much. I donā€™t need to water yet. I will get runoff numbers tomorrow. Iā€™m glad one of them likes what Iā€™m offering. Iā€™m thinking I need to mother that one and learn cloning.

1 Like

Iā€™m no expert, but Iā€™d cut my nutes if those were my plants.

Do you have a ppm of your feed/water?

1 Like

Ppm going in is about 1400 or 2.1ish ec

2 Likes

When I mentioned N I was saying to much not to little. So Iā€™m in agreement with you on overfeeding, but it definitely doesnā€™t hurt to read the runoff on next watering

1 Like

Im leaning towards overfeeding. Definitely getting some runoff numbers tomorrow. I might have misread it somewhere but I thought coco runoff numbers were not that important. But I also understand the importance of knowing what the girls are eating. So(too) much information!

1 Like

I have this in my notesā€¦ Iā€™m pretty rusty on numbers itā€™s been a while since I have read ppm on feeding

PPM SCHEDULE
Seedlings: 100-250 (nutrients arenā€™t needed here, hence thereā€™s not a lot of particles needed)

First Half of Vegging Cycle: 300-400 (this is usually after you transplant, which still doesnā€™t require many nutrients)

Second Half of Vegging: 450-700 (youā€™ll start giving your plants more nutrients at this stage)

First Half of Flowering: 750-950 (your plants will be eating more as they grow, so theyā€™ll be taking in more nutrients)

Second Half of Flowering: 1000-1600 (this is when your plantā€™s eating the most, especially if you give it additives)

End of Flower, Entering Harvest: As close to 0 as possible (this is when youā€™ll be flushing your plants, so you donā€™t want there to be a lot of particles leftover

1 Like

I donā€™t know if the numbers above are correct for coco because I donā€™t grow coco so please double check with someone else before making changes

1 Like

Gonna tone down the nutes and mix in a water only day here and there. Just been going full board to see what would happen. Iā€™ve seen more than a few getting away with it but itā€™s not working for me. But Iā€™m always learning and since theyā€™re photos, Iā€™ve got time to fix things

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been reading these guys saying they feed jacks full strength sttart to finish that is why I said get a second opinion mine is not so good here.

The leaves are saying to slow down that Iā€™m pretty sure of

1 Like

The highest I ever got with my GH 3 part nutes was 1050 PPM and that was peak of flower.

Jacks might be different I have no clue.
Coco might be different I have no clue.

2 Likes

I have no clue either. Haha!

2 Likes