Calizona's Desert Sessions

You did a great job!

We definitely need all the rain we can get. We’ve had rain every day for the last two weeks and some of it was very intense. We have more flash food warnings again today. Rh in my greenhouse was 54% at noon witch surprised me.

2 Likes

We’ve been getting some good rain over here in NM too, I think the last time I saw rain like this was in the mid to late 90s it’s been great

2 Likes

I’m around 70 in the tent which is cool because it’s 100% outside.

2 Likes

I am going to need some help diagnosing a plant problem a little later. Ever since these girls sprouted, the oldest leaves always burn. The new growth always looks great but, one by one, the old stuff burns off. I have been giving them full strength jacks since birth and I’m wondering if I should ease back a bit. Ill get pics when the lights come back on.

4 Likes

Looking at your last pictures earlier I was thinking that it was N burn clawing is the tell tell for N, I did question my thoughts because the leaves aren’t overly dark which would pretty much make me sure that’s what it is

3 Likes

Heading in now. I’ll get a better pic of what they’re doing. I honestly think it’s just overfeeding. I’ll either lower the dosage or mix a water only day in between.

1 Like

@MeEasy

Spent a minute reading up on N deficiency. Looks exactly the same but I’ve been giving them plenty of it. I am going to water with just ro water tonight and catch a runoff number. The pH is really the only other thing that could be causing it. Might not be eating the N I give it. You can totally see it’s just the oldest fans that it’s affecting

3 Likes

Are the leaves real dark or do they look the same as the pics… my pics are always lighter

1 Like

About the same as in the pics. Just checked them and they haven’t drank much. I don’t need to water yet. I will get runoff numbers tomorrow. I’m glad one of them likes what I’m offering. I’m thinking I need to mother that one and learn cloning.

1 Like

I’m no expert, but I’d cut my nutes if those were my plants.

Do you have a ppm of your feed/water?

1 Like

Ppm going in is about 1400 or 2.1ish ec

2 Likes

When I mentioned N I was saying to much not to little. So I’m in agreement with you on overfeeding, but it definitely doesn’t hurt to read the runoff on next watering

1 Like

Im leaning towards overfeeding. Definitely getting some runoff numbers tomorrow. I might have misread it somewhere but I thought coco runoff numbers were not that important. But I also understand the importance of knowing what the girls are eating. So(too) much information!

1 Like

I have this in my notes… I’m pretty rusty on numbers it’s been a while since I have read ppm on feeding

PPM SCHEDULE
Seedlings: 100-250 (nutrients aren’t needed here, hence there’s not a lot of particles needed)

First Half of Vegging Cycle: 300-400 (this is usually after you transplant, which still doesn’t require many nutrients)

Second Half of Vegging: 450-700 (you’ll start giving your plants more nutrients at this stage)

First Half of Flowering: 750-950 (your plants will be eating more as they grow, so they’ll be taking in more nutrients)

Second Half of Flowering: 1000-1600 (this is when your plant’s eating the most, especially if you give it additives)

End of Flower, Entering Harvest: As close to 0 as possible (this is when you’ll be flushing your plants, so you don’t want there to be a lot of particles leftover

1 Like

I don’t know if the numbers above are correct for coco because I don’t grow coco so please double check with someone else before making changes

1 Like

Gonna tone down the nutes and mix in a water only day here and there. Just been going full board to see what would happen. I’ve seen more than a few getting away with it but it’s not working for me. But I’m always learning and since they’re photos, I’ve got time to fix things

2 Likes

I’ve been reading these guys saying they feed jacks full strength sttart to finish that is why I said get a second opinion mine is not so good here.

The leaves are saying to slow down that I’m pretty sure of

1 Like

The highest I ever got with my GH 3 part nutes was 1050 PPM and that was peak of flower.

Jacks might be different I have no clue.
Coco might be different I have no clue.

2 Likes

I have no clue either. Haha!

2 Likes