Calizona's 1st journal/2nd grow

Looking good!! What are those yellow traps?

1 Like

Thanks 500gals is a lot more than I will need

You only need 1ml per gallon.

Gotcha but how do you measure only 1ml :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Sticky traps for fungus gnats. Can’t seem to shake 'em. Did the mosquito bits, neem oil, fish emulsion, two-finger death grip, etc… still around. Went with h2o2 this time. Might kill off the good stuff in the soil, but can’t stand the dam gnats.

3 Likes

I use the little plastic syringes that come with liquid meds ,from the pharmacy.

1 Like

2 Likes

I was kidding 5ml in a 5 gal jug is much easier

1 Like

Hey @Calizona the only thing that actually worked for me is mosquito bits but don’t put em in the soil take a capfull of them in a gallon of water soak em for a few hours strain out the bits and use the water like you normally would to water your plants. I call it bit juice, it works to kill the larvae only so keep some Yellow stickies in your tent for the adults or they’ll die off in like a week keep using it once a week until you get rid of them completely. Then you’ll probably have to do it every month to six weeks just when you start seeing them again, I prolly haven’t used any in over two months I guess but I just started 13 new pots I’m sure they’ll be coming soon lol

4 Likes

Walmart has a 5ml syringe just ask at pharmacy desk they’ll give you one for free.

1 Like

Milk :milk_glass:1/4 cup per gallon will kill your gnat problem and increase your bud I swear it really works !

7 Likes

How often do you use the milk for gnats and for better bud?

3 Likes

@spankyjr1 you can used it as needed, are every other watering are divided the milk measurement by 4 and do every watering, it’s just depends on the watering pattern of the grower . It’s no specific instruction except don’t over do it trying to get just bigger buds , that would not be smart right, me just thinking :thinking:. Now by milk having trace elements of potassium and calcium in it naturally will help feed your plants right and where does milk comes from ? A cow :cow2::flushed: right and we used Cow maneuver to Amp up our soil medium for planting , a complete full cycle scenario . But the bugs has no lungs and they Larvea can’t reproduce in other liquids . So it almost a 2/1 right .

2 Likes

Understood, thanks for clearing that up for me @yoshi very much appreciated

I use Captn Jacks Dead Bug - you can use it through flower. Spray on soil only.

1 Like

I’m going to use some milk on some outside grls since the gnats are bad outside will also see if its true that milk attracts copperhead snakes.

Urban legend but I imagine that if it was dieing of thirst it would drink anything. Do you have copperhead living near you. I’d love to see one up close.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://museumsvictoria.com.au/article/8-myths-about-snakes/&ved=2ahUKEwjTjpuMjpDxAhWOwJ4KHaN0AYEQFjAAegQIAxAC&usg=AOvVaw1LF8UnDzvJ580aldPb1Fr4

2 Likes

Yep probably just that, a myth but the dairy guys around here say they see plenty of copperheads. I think theyre a pretty snake. I have a pic somewhere from our chicken coop, ill try to find it
That boat pic looks like youre out west maybe Oklahoma, is that eufala or grand lake

I’m in Prescott AZ. Don’t think we have copperheads here, lots or rattlesnakes though. Milk snakes don’t drink milk either.

2 Likes

Happy to report that the gnats have all but disappeared. I did @yoshi milk feeding and I don’t see anymore. My sticky traps have a few on them but no crawling/flying ones atm. Watering tonight and will let yall know!

6 Likes