CaliRob’s 2nd Grow

Happy to have you following!

I will definitely look into these if this round fails. It’s crazy how you think you have a good grasp on techniques and then get humbled by some seeds or plants.

1 Like

Off to a good start with this one. Popped through yesterday and had the helmet, gave it a little spray this morning and pulled it off. :crossed_fingers:t3: now I’ll just leave it alone and let it do its thing for. I have one more seed that just went coco on Sunday, waiting for her to pop through.

2 Likes

Was checking on the girls, noticed a little fuzz on one of the leaves. Is it mold? Any suggestions on how to fix her?

1 Like

That’s the cotyledon, aka the seed leaf. It feeds the plant until it grows leaves. It’s really hard for me to tell exactly what’s going on there, but could it be a little piece of membrane from inside the seed shell? Did you buy those splinter tweezers yet? :wink: That’s what I use for membranectomies.

If it does look like mold - you can remove that. Please use a very sharp pair of tiny scissors or the tips of your trimming shears. Clean your tool with alcohol first and wipe the blades dry.

2 Likes

I do have my little tweezers. Here is a pic of them and some closer pics of the plant.

Here is my other one, I just took the shell off her yesterday hoping she perks up and starts reaching for the light.

I’d say that is definitely mold. Take a very mild solution oh water and hydrogen peroxide and mist her at lights off

1 Like

I ended up cutting the leaf off last night but looking at the plant, it truthfully does not look that healthy. The other leaves look a little discolored.

I have the worst luck with this grow.

2 Likes

I almost gave up on all 3 of my volunteers at one point but they all pulled through.

2 Likes

I’m about to give up, give myself a week off and restart. Not sure if it’s the coco or what it is. I have been terribly unlucky or something. Had zero problems with soil so maybe I just need to go back to what worked.

Top ones are now yellowing, bottom pics are of the baby that refuses to perk up or open.

a

1 Like

That sucks. I’ve been afraid to try coco just because I’m not familiar with it. Now I have so many seeds, I could test it out but I’m so busy with work… need some testing seeds lol?

1 Like

I am tossing these seeds out and moving back to soil. The auto pots can handle soil with clay balls so I’m moving back to what I know and am comfortable with. I have wasted 7-8 seeds so far :grimacing:

I appreciate it, if this fails I may take you up on those testing seed.

1 Like

I have officially moved back to soil. I soaked a few seeds Monday of last week and placed them in soil Tuesday afternoon.

So far so good! Both girls look great and healthy. I filled the pots half way, let them get a little length and then added more soil. Will definitely be adding a little more in a few days.

Water on the leaves is from the humidity dome.

The girls have been transferred into their forever homes. I did it a little earlier than expected as my schedule is going to be pretty packed this month.

Now the question is…should I keep the humidity domes on or take em off? With the lights on it’s 77 degrees and around 48% humidity.

1 Like

I only ever is humidity domes if my seedlings start looking weak. Never had any issues with not using them but seems I’m in the minority in that line of thinking. They don’t t get humidity domes outdoors and they grow just fine

2 Likes

Thanks Caligurl! This is a very good point, I will remove them tonight.

I am so nervous as these plants have done well so far and have looked the healthiest out of all the plants I’ve started recently. Those last couple seeds gave me PTSD.

1 Like