Caligurls Zen Garden Grow 2021

Well I hope so… I haven’t sprayed yet. Seems like I stripped a lot of the leaves off that had the aphids when I defoliated. But I have to check again this morning.

So far, the Dr. Bronner’s soap didn’t hurt the plant or buds at all and the aphids on those leaves already looked darker in color

2 Likes

Oh well… the Dr. Bronners seemed to knock them down quickly. After I sprayed the entire plant, I went back and only a few were still living . All the rest were already turning darker color (they start turn to light brown then to brown after they die fairly quickly)

I hit those areas again because they were already dry by then (it was SUPER windy yesterday) being careful not to hit the lacewing eggs and the three ladybugs that were still left.

This pic shows the aphids already turning darker color (marked with light red squares)with a small pocket of them I had to hit again… it also shows the lacewing eggs which are SUPER cool!

And here are a couple of trichome shots… Getting closer every day!!! It was cold last night got down to 48. Makes me want to fire up the fireplace :grimacing:

6 Likes

There are TONS of shedded aphid skins all over the plants (looks like jus bright white spots) . One clue you have aphids… the other is you’ll see shiny spots all over the leaves. This is from after the aphids eats and excretes it on the leaves below.

3 Likes

So, I’ve decided that I’m tired of paying for spore syringes to grow my mushrooms… you know, like my shiitake and oyster mushrooms :shushing_face: :nerd_face: :wink:

So I made my own spore prints yesterday! These are soooo cool!

Only thing is that I don’t realize I had to let them dry for 24-48 hours first, I newd to make more today… but I’ll try both of them in 2 separate jars.

5 Likes

I hate not being able to edit my posts a few minutes later… you have like 1 minute LOL

5 Likes

I’m so bored already! Only one plant left and she’s self sufficient, for the most part, being outdoors.

Playing with photo filters LOL

11 Likes

You still got…it. Tell the hubby… He’s a Lucky man.

2 Likes

I hate getting bored because it makes me want to go throw some soil together and fill a pot and the rest is self explanatory :joy::joy:

2 Likes

Exactly! But I REALLY don’t need any more weed hahahaha

3 Likes

You could grow flowers :bouquet::blush::crazy_face:

1 Like

Already doing that… along with anything else.
3 apple trees, 2 plum trees, 2 nectarine trees, 3 apricot trees, 3 mandarin trees, 1 lemon, 1 lime, 1 pecan, 1 fig, 3 grapefruit, a HUGE strawberry and blueberry patch, ever-growing artichokes, every single herb and chard… and that’s all the perennial stuff…

This year I planted for annuals, 9 tomato plants, 6 eggplant, 9 sweet peppers, 2 hot peppers, 15 basil plants (I know a little ecessive), carrots, onions, pole beans (coming out our wazoo right now).

BUT, now the season is winding down I need a new hobby LOL

5 Likes

I’m almost considering setting up my spare tent to grow greens and herbs for during the winter for something to do. This year I planted over 400 plants in my garden out back. Unfortunately my garden didn’t produce as much as past summers. I’m so jealous that you have all those trees! Wish I had room for fruit baring trees!

5 Likes

Yea, we will not water any tree that doesn’t bear fruit! Here in Cali, water is getting scarce but even before it was, we felt the same way. The only flowers we have are companion flowers that help naturally deter pests, rodents, and deer (citronella, lavender, marigolds, any herb really, green onion (doubles as a harvesting plant).

We would love to add more trees too! I am learning to can foods so we can keep our harvests all year but now our trees are maturing and producing a lot we were giving it away and then wishing we had some during the winter months.

And we feel like when food gets harder and more expensive to buy, we will be in good shape… vegetarians… but in good shape (although we have been contemplating getting chickens too)

EDIT: I forgot about the shrooms… which has taught me how to grow my own mushrooms and take spore prints (like saving seeds from veggies)

5 Likes

That’s awesome! I would love to get to the point of being self sufficient. My plan was to can this year but we had an extremely late frost in June and it either stunted or killed most of our crop. I’ve only been able to harvest my greens, peas, strawberries and raspberries, pickle some peppers and make seasoning this year. I had a feeling there was going to be a food shortage and I was trying to prepare for it.

I wish there was a way I could send you some seeds! My husband ordered some seeds online this year and we accidentally got some dwarf papaya seeds and we can’t grow them in our zone :pensive:

3 Likes

Sneak peak! And I cannot reach the top cola to take a pic LOL!!! I’ll have to have the pro in the family take a good pic for me.

The very tops of ta few of the buds are starting to turn purple/blue… I wonder why to all of them and I wish they all would LOL…

8 Likes

1 Like

Beautiful buds. How tall is that plant? Sure beats paying dispensary prices. Black Market prices too! :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

She’s just a tad over 6 feet tall and about 4.5 feet wide

5 Likes

This has changed big time …the Chem Dawg is coming through strong now also
But the tang is also becoming more in your face …The Mob Boss is probably the most flavorful weed I’ve ever smoked in my life …My tongue kind of stings for a bit after it’s awesome …But I’m noticing on exhale the fuel flavor is there too …
Also the aroma of the buds just have this melon/citrus that’s also pleasing

2 Likes

Cannot wait to see what you get of that monster

3 Likes