Caligurl’s 2022 no Fuss Grow

I concur!!! Especially with the storm that took my baby out last night

2 Likes

Bummer!

3 Likes

I just had my first break not take. I didn’t take the time to grab some honey. And I broke it completely off. The JH made up for it by growing bigger :laughing:
We are still waiting for rain. It seems to get stuck up north lol

3 Likes

Up North and to the east… There have been the most amazing thunderheads in the East lately! I can hardly believe this is August!

6 Likes

Any ideas what this is? I found a half dozen or so on my plants this morning… about the size of a grain of rice. @Lacewing?

3 Likes

You could start a bug collection from just your plants :worried: Does it move?

1 Like

It wasn’t moving that I could tell…

Here’s another funny one. I believe a very young thrip but look at him looking at me… giving me the evil eye LOL

8 Likes

lol looks pissed

2 Likes

I know, right? LOL

1 Like

That’s definitely not a thrip …it’s a leafhopper
The black one I can’t get it to identify which is crazy because it’s a good pic

4 Likes

To me this is some kind of moth …or caterpillar …I’d get it away and try to keep your eyes on them …

2 Likes

Looks like a moth pupae, a lot of moths in your area? Oops I see it was hit… :point_up:

1 Like

I like that you think same sir …how ya been !! ?

1 Like

I’m good friend, thanks for asking…You?

Some beetles have weird pupae/grub looking things too (not Julian) at least here.

2 Likes

I’m good and glad to hear it …yeah it could be some kind of beetle …it just looks like a moth pupa to me hahah …it’s hairy and idk segmented hahaha

1 Like

I’d prolly scrape a few off and put em in a jar to see what they become, but I do weird shit like that out of curiosity.

@Caligurl the black thing next to the unidentified unflying obfect …could it be one of these ? A plant hopper ?

Idk but it looks a lot like black carpet beetle whatever stage this is …

2 Likes

Idk tho too …what if it’s a lady bug larve ?

It would make more sense to me that it would be ladybug larve …however I don’t see legs like they have but who knows the amount you found would make sense too because their eggs are laid in clusters

3 Likes

@Caligurl honestly the more I look at the pupa stage of the lady bug larva and then the one next to it …I mean it even has the dots and near the head it looks like that’s kind of what’s happening in the one you took a pic of …? Idk maybe leave em and see ? Hahah or if you see more do that ? That would be what I would do …I used to rip everything right off the plant but I don’t anymore unless I know what it is first …would be cool to see if it is one because they are truly a great predator

Also there’s like a whole bunch of different lady bugs …so it could be like one with no color ? It just looks like the closest thing to me I’ve never seen one so I could be completely full of it too

Lol now that I found this it looks like it’s been eating and maybe getting ready to turn into a pupa ?

3 Likes