Caligurl’s 2022 no Fuss Grow

I saw the pictures from @Caligurl ’s accident - we are talking the trunk was in the front seat kind of accident. Glad she walked away and here to help us grow excellent weed!

4 Likes

Awwww thank you @JaneQP! I’m very blessed to be here… it wasn’t my time to go but who knows why I’m still here :woman_shrugging: Just glad to get to know you and have another amazing person in my life :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

My wife got knocked off the back steps by Dash and his playmate yesterday: banged her knee, big swollen bruise on her shin and her right palm. Dogs!

2 Likes

Ouch!!! Are they protected where you’re at? They were on the base. Thousands of them everywhere.

2 Likes

I’ve shot a ton of them on Hunter Liggett haha!

2 Likes

Glad everything is ok.

1 Like

Set to watch

1 Like

In NorCal… up in the foothills. They are pretty bad here too. One thing we noticed (or should I say hubby noticed) is that if he’s super attentive to them, they don’t like hanging around. He doesn’t scare them or anything, he actually feeds them hahaha… seems that they get way more territorial when they have a constant food supply so they don’t let many others on the property.

When we first moved in, he started shooting them… it just made him feel bad and it seemed like the population just kept exploding. Now we only have a handful… but they are still destructive!

5 Likes

Welcome @Growcoast! This has been a fairly boring grow so far but I’ll definitely take that anyway LOL

4 Likes

Lol, go shoot some more, just for me :rofl:

3 Likes

My mom traps the regular squirrels in Rhode Island and takes them a few miles away and let’s them go. I laugh at her and say, “you know others are just waiting next door to move in right”. I guess it keeps her entertained

3 Likes

ouch, i hope you heal fast

2 Likes

Gosh your setup is so gorgeous and I love that you have your wildlife visitors - though holes that trip you up are no good
Your tomato’s are gorgeous and the girls look so happy :green_heart:

2 Likes

Yup, that’s what they do! Why build a new house when you can move into one already built LOL!!!

1 Like

Thanks @BudzMS! It still hurts pretty good which kinda’ amazes me… guess I’m getting old LOL :older_woman:

2 Likes

Thanks @Lorenda_x! Don’t think anything is ever easy whereI live (with all the animals)… but I constantly having neighbors asking me how I grow so much stuff with all the wildlife… nobody around here seems to be able to make it work, but it is a lot of work LOL

3 Likes

Finally an update!

So first thing is I’m having an issue with one of my Momma’s Mangos… it keeps breaking stems! First one was one of 2 mains and I thought it was the wind so I tied all the branches to the cage. But then, I went to do some LST on one of them and I looked the next day and it was completely broken. It didn’t break while i was bending it and I only bent it a little. But then 2 days ago, I came out and another one broke off, just laying there andI hadn’t done anything to it, nor was it windy. Now today I went out and yet another one was broken! WTF?

You can see in the pic where I hd to tape them and tie them together (the 2 that, I think, will survive). Her branches are really thick which is why I haven’t done much LST to her… I’ve tried to do it very slowly but now I’m afraid to touch her so she’s, hopefully, going to finish just like she is.

And the rest of the gang

12 Likes

@Caligurl maybe a varmint small enough to gain access was crawling around in there like he’s on monkey bars?

4 Likes

outstanding, mommas mango is gotten huge

2 Likes

I used to do the same thing with black snakes. I finally gave up.

2 Likes