Caligurl’s 2022 no Fuss Grow

Did you plant them from seed?
I had planned to but I am too late I think this season .
Not sure if they’ll just grow if i directly plant them in a planter at this point without germination?
I also have the sow easy seeds that have that red coating on them
I usually buy a live plant from the big box store but decided not to .
I also like your idea of containing them .
My friend had a place and the entire front yard and back yard became strawberries lol

3 Likes

I plant mine from seedlings. You have to thin them out every year and pull any that are old and not producing much. They spread like crazy!

3 Likes

@Lacewing @Caligurl

Another on my list of plants that I can’t grow. Strawberries. Also on that list; zucchini, cucumbers, cantaloupe, and watermelon. Who on this earth can’t grow zucchini?

5 Likes

@JaneQP I’ve had some seriously epic battles with squash bugs on my zucchini and squash!! Them little b@stards burrow in and are very difficult to eradicate lol.

4 Likes

I grew up on the Central Coast and had access to the best strawberries anywhere. Since moving to Colorado I’d say that’s the one fruit I really miss.

5 Likes

Growing up in Colorado, my mom taught me how to grow strawberries. We didn’t have a huge patch but she alternated about 3 square feet of iris’s then 3 square feet of strawberries… now I understand how iris’s are a great companion plant to so many other plants… and if you think about it, they literally start reviving from the winter at almost the exact same time. Funny though, she didn’t teach me about companions plants per-se.

7 Likes

So back from travel and here’s an update. Everyone still looks happy! It’s crazy being gone for a week how much they seem to grow!

I took them all outside today for sunshine and a good watering. It’s their first water-till-runoff session and I think they all appreciated it :slight_smile:

Uploading: IMG_E8796.JPG…

And here they are back in the tent and small group shots

13 Likes

Wow you better watch those Sneaky Freaky one they might sneak up on you… pretty girls all :v: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Thank you! I don’t think they’ll be seeking anywhere here pretty soon, LOL

2 Likes

Looks like they’re happy as can be :blush:
Nice to come back to everything going smoothing

2 Likes

LOL, I meant SNEAKING… I hate that I can’t correct posts here after a few minutes.

3 Likes

Looks good out there!! It’s so hot here I’m feeding every day :weary::hot_face::hot_face:

3 Likes

Thanks lady! it is definitely comforting. I can’t wait to put them outside and start training them. I don’t want to move them to 5 gallon pots, I just want them to go into their forever homes from here (2 gallons). The next 4 days or so we are going to be close to freezing at night so the wait continues… ugh this crazy weather we are having! We cleaned out the wood stove 2 weeks ago because we were nearing 90 degrees during the day, now this :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

I wish it were hot here… we may get snow on Tuesday and from now until Friday, the lows at night will be 32-35… Dang it! I was really hoping to get these girls planted outside finally… I can’t even harden them off by setting them in the sun… this morning will be the last of the sunshine for a while.

2 Likes

It is so nice today. I am going to mix up my bags for the outdoor grow and let them cook. Going to plant Memorial Day weekend.

2 Likes

I can’t even like that. We’re already at summer temps here.

4 Likes

@Caligurl my mom lives in Wyoming still…she had snow either last weeknor week before last. I dont really mias those long winters!

1 Like

B. e. a. utiful!

2 Likes

Yeah, we went down the hill after being really cold up here and super windy and it was warm down in Folsom. We just had some hail and getting ready to start a fire!

I hope we can both get the girls out for Memorial Day! We can celebrate for sure!! Hey, I’ll be back in CO on the weeks of the 16th and the 23rd… lets make a plan!

2 Likes

We will be there next week… supposed to be 97!