California told Weedmaps to stop promoting illegal pot. But the ads are still up!

Almost three weeks after the head of California’s Bureau of Cannabis Control told operators of a popular website to stop “engaging in activity that violates state cannabis laws,” Weedmaps continues to advertise unlicensed cannabis retailers. Hundreds of dispensaries and delivery services advertise on Weedmaps in California, far more than the number of companies licensed by the Bureau of Cannabis Control. Bureau chief Lori Ajax said her agency compared businesses on Weedmaps to licensing records to determine that the website was violating state law. She said the agency has sent similar warning letters to other publishers of advertisements for unlicensed retailers. In Sacramento, the city’s cannabis regulator has sent a similar letter to the Sacramento News & Review.

2 Likes

interesting news @marijgee,you may want to lose the .com on the weedmaps unless aurtherized to…FYI

1 Like

I did edit the .com out @marijgee as @BIGE mentioned
I will replace it if im told that its a ok link to post
But as for now lets just leave it off thanks for understanding :v:CB :wink:
Interesting article tho thanks for sharing

2 Likes

Thanks buddy…I am grateful

1 Like

Im going to leave it out as we are nit in the business of promoting dispensaries etc thanks again for understanding

That website deserves to be closed down, it has turned into an evil hateful place to go. I know because I came from there to here and that was the best decision I have ever made. There is a ‘clique’ of the same people that belittle new people, even good ones, they spread hate and anger like wild fire. This clique is big into verbal abuse, cursing and bullying, and , if you don’t go along with their ideology then you are nothing but a piece of crap. There are no moderators and so things have spiraled out of control. It used to be a really fun place to be. Sorry but it really needed to happen. This site is a good example of why people don’t like pot and the people who use it.

2 Likes

I’m glad your here with us @highcountrygal … they don’t deserve you anyway’s … :wink:

:v: :sunglasses:

3 Likes

@peachfuzz me too, I am home here. I was on there for about 6 years and then these jerks took it over and formed this clique. I tried to get people to be positive but I was called “an old fart and a wet blanket” because I wouldn’t join in the mob mentality, heck I’ve been smoking pot before their grandparents were born! The back door never hit my butt! Thank you all for smoothing out a dastardly situation! :peace_symbol: :woman_farmer:

3 Likes

Couldn’t have said it better @peachfuzz
Perfect

4 Likes

Us old timers have to stick together in case we attacked so we can pull scooters into a circle.

5 Likes

@Rexx Scooters Ho! Mornin’ my 4 wheeled bud!

2 Likes

You’re * :wink:

1 Like