California Outdoor 2023 Organic Grow

Set to ‘Watching’ like always! Let’s see some monsters!

5 Likes

I’m gonna pull up a seat on this one if it’s ok!

2 Likes

Thank you big dog @Myfriendis410

Welcome @Borderryan22 :steam_locomotive: :evergreen_tree::peace_symbol::partying_face::rainbow:

4 Likes

Yep. Sounds about right :slight_smile:

1 Like

Greetings :peace_symbol:

I might feed them a little something tomorrow, has been 3 weeks today.

Hoping to hear back soon about the genetic samples I sent last week.

I saw :eyes: a lady bug party on some fava beans this evening.

Wishing you all the best :four_leaf_clover::heart::fire::dash::evergreen_tree::rainbow:

9 Likes

23 out of 35 were females, nearly 66% :partying_face:

I put 9 of them in the ground, 2 in each 200 gallons - Backseat Preacher x2, White Widow x 2, Willys Wonder x2- and one each in the 100 gallons - Wednesdays Child crosses of Dos Si Dos, 11 Roses, Sugar Black Rose.

I will get some CBD strains going in another garden spot soon…:evergreen_tree::rainbow::peace_symbol:

I am most grateful :heart:

9 Likes

Batting well over 500 Grow Gro, congrats :love_you_gesture:

4 Likes

This is super exciting! 66% on all regulars ain’t to shabby my friend. Nice work. What is the BackSeat Preacher all about? Never herd of that cross.

4 Likes

It’s my 1st time growing it…

Killah Priest (Sour OGxPurple Urkle) clone only x Dirty Taxi :oncoming_taxi: (GMO x Chem I95)

Supposed to have very high calyx to leaf ratio, a bit easier to trim, 24-26% THC.

Thank you @HippieRunner1 it feels wonderful to have Mary Jane growing again :heart::fire::slot_machine::peace_symbol::evergreen_tree::sunny: I am most grateful :rainbow:

6 Likes

Not sure where you’re at but this Cali weather where I am is a trip…hot one week, cold and rainy the next. Hope your girls doing well.

What CBD strains are you going to try?

4 Likes

I am in Sacramento area. I have a CBD Dragon F3, and a CBD Panties going, each in their own 65 gallon containers since Saturday. I have them both under mini greenhouse’s because of the cool and rainy schizophrenic spring weather.

5 Likes

Yeah, this weather is nuts…

I’ll have to look into those strains. This is my first year growing and I have 3 of the same CBD strains and 1 high THC strain.

I have one of my 4 plants outside and since it’s established and hardened. I just left it outside, I don’t have room for it inside. Whatever happens, happens at this point.

5 Likes

That horticulture screen is a good call: it ought to keep those damned cabbage loupers off your plant.

5 Likes

Got the idea from you when I first joined! Not the neatest execution but it protects the plant and I can access it with ease if I need to.

3 Likes

@CaliRob

I wonder if I could just put a plant in our compost bin and see what happens.

4 Likes

@CaliRob the roots will grow through the bottom of bag into the earth, helping the plant develop better, directly on the soil or in it.

I prefer a minimum of 50 gallons per plant outdoors.

Female plants awaiting homes living in mini greenhouse.

I have one plant in a 200 gallon in greenhouse to help it catch up to its peers.

The others seem to be adjusted and tolerating the cooler weather.

100 gallons:

200 gallons:

I am most grateful :heart::rainbow::peace_symbol:

8 Likes

I feel like it would be a very happy plant.

2 Likes

Oh man, looks amazing! I wanted to grow directly in ground but I have clay soil and summers get too hot for most things to really establish themselves and survive.

I definitely love and am jealous of what you have going on there.

Do you re-use soil or just dump it and start your next grow in new soil?

1 Like

@CaliRob

I am a living soil person, I amend and re-use the soil every year, and grow cover crops in the offseason to help maintain/improve rhizosphere health. I work back most of the trim and stems into the soil, plus ashes. I started out with good organic potting soil in the big bags. I have heavy clay soil around here too.

The plants can take 110 degrees and higher, more roots equals more fruits, with a minimum of 5 hours direct sunlight :sunny: a day. A larger root system helps them regulate and weather the temperature extremes as well.

6 Likes

I am blown away by your knowledge on this all. I will definitely need to dedicate a small portion of my yard for something like this next year.

I am growing in FF ocean forest currently maybe I’ll save what I can after harvest and amend it.

Appreciate the info!

2 Likes