California Organic Backyard Grow 65 Gallon Grow Bags

Amazing bro…I keep zooming in and gawking lol…and its 102…WOW!

2 Likes

We only got up to 80 today. It was 109 today in Paso Robles!

1 Like

The heat is on this week! My babies are still thriving on this very photosynthetic day to you all.

My late vegetable garden is doing well too although my cilantro didn’t grow at all, dud seeds I guess.

Your monsters are looking great. Can’t wait to see those buds form.

4 Likes

@ElChingon82 your ladies looking very healthy and well tended.

1 Like

I was having trouble getting lettuce seeds to start and found out there is a genetic quirk to lettuce that higher temps inhibit germination. Maybe the same with the Chinese parsley (cilantro).

3 Likes

You’re right, I should’ve looked into that more but just figured they were bad. I may try germinating some and then transplanting them but I don’t think I have enough time in the season.

1 Like

Thanks big. I would love to use some 60+ gal pots but I think next season I’ll try 10 or 15 gal pots. Still need to be able to move them when folks come around.

1 Like

Has anyone tried stem splitting to increase thc production? Just got the email from Bergman and I’m a little skeptical on trying it out.

They email tips tend to be recycled. Once you get them for a while, you’ll see hahaa

Many people including myself do that. I personally use a drill, but I can remember-ish that how to email from way back when. He splits and uses a Popsicle stick and zip ties, right?

Don’t worry about the plant or a possible loss. I can understand the concerns; especially after a considerable amount of time and effort went into growing her. In the end, the plant will be chopped down anyway, give it a whirl. However, if you choose to try it out for yourself, plenty of people have already, I recommend using a drill. It will be bloodless for you if you slip.

3 Likes

Yes, I tried it last year on a few plants, seemed to make the buds get heavier. @Budbrother like the drill idea.

My journal from last year…

1 Like

I liked what @Donaldj said re: stem splitting. Along the lines of: “If you have optimized every parameter to increase THC levels then stem splitting might show a benefit.” As I have only had one “perfect” grow in the last 3 years I haven’t bothered.

2 Likes

I was thinking about trying it this run but he says

" If done wrong, it can end up doing more harm than good. So, make sure you are willing to sacrifice one marijuana plant in the name of the greater good before jumping in!" Yikes!

1 Like

Well I’m still unclear when to do it. My indoor plants have reached 8 weeks today and will now begin the 2 week flushing. Trichomes look good so far.

6 Likes

I read the article he said “Apply this technique a few days or a week before harvest, not sooner.” @ElChingon82

1 Like

I did 5 days with the last 3 being dark, if that helps any

1 Like

I’ve seen people split the stem 2 weeks prior to harvest with no ill effects too. One of those techniques you gotta try a few different ways to find what works best. I haven’t seen enough change to only justify splitting 2-3 days prior to harvest. I have seen benefits going 5-10 days tho✌️

5 Likes

Thanks @Budbrother, @MattyBear, @Noctis420, @Big123, @Myfriendis410. I’ll try it at 5 days out since my plants are a bit smaller. I think my outdoors could possibly handle a week, larger stems. I’ll try to get a picture of a bud before and after to display my results.

4 Likes

I agree with @MattyBear as when I do it I don’t see any results until day 4 and after the initial frosting I’ve never noticed much after that so I usually do 5 days before harvest. I have went from 2 days up to 1.5 weeks and like I said day 4 has always been the magic day

6 Likes

Truly epic and inspiring to a first time grower! Thanks for such a detailed thread. I’m green with envy pun intended.

4 Likes

Yeah; he usually has some gucci stuff around this time of year…

1 Like