California Organic Backyard Grow 65 Gallon Grow Bags

In bags between 50-100 gallon range placing a single cage around the outside of the bags usually isnt enough support. If you are surpassing 18 inches past the cages pre flower and more stretching is to come with flowering.

You might want to drop some t-stakes and run 2x4 fencing wire 5 feet tall along the sides and middles to support and hold them down below your wood fence.

It would be easier than spending a ton of time trying to tie up branches during flowering bumping them and rubbing off trichs.

2 Likes

@LF-the-OG brilliant idea to tame these beasts, will definitely do something along those lines
as they stretch, thank you!

The CA Dream right here, Flowers sprouted on every shoot, Buds coming soon

7 Likes

For sure. Itā€™s what I have been involved in for the majority of my life. I would get it done before the end of July for sure.

2 Likes

Youā€™re skill set much appreciated! Going to get her done within the next two weeks for sure.

3 Likes

@Big123 and @LF-the-OG

Thank you for helping us outdoor folks!!!

DUDEā€¦youā€™re still gonna need a drone for photos come October bro:heart_eyes_cat::heart_eyes_cat::heart_eyes_cat::heart_eyes_cat::heart_eyes_cat:

3 Likes

@DaGoose thank you, Iā€™m going to tie these ladies out and down so they realize their full potential- and more importantly remain under fence height - I like to think of myself as an artist in my own way, learning more here everyday.

3 Likes

Thanks for the info folks. @Big123 your beauties make my two babies look like seedlings. What do you think youā€™ll get out of them, on average?

1 Like

@Big123 Iā€™m super new to this bro but on my second outdoor grow Iā€™m learning a lot. Thereā€™s a big difference outdoors when you compare to planting the girls in the ground, or doing them in patio containers, and the great folks that do it indoors who have to master the grow space. Each has unique challenges.

Enjoying sharing this with you and everyone!

4 Likes

@ElChingon82 tough to say, last year growing in six 30 gallon containers and starting in June, averaged 6 ounces per plant, one was an auto. I started 2 months earlier this year and doubled container size.

3 Likes

You ought to clear a pound each IMO.

4 Likes

Well you doubled your pot size and added two more months of veg so I wouldnā€™t be surprised if you hit a pound each. Thatā€™s bad assā€¦
Thanks for that info I diatomaceous earth. Did some more research and just ordered some. Hope to prevent bringing in any bad bugs.

1 Like

Its the general idea, but it is whatever you think will work best for what you are trying to achieve :+1:

2 Likes

I plan to bring it in closer in some spots and fine-tune it, need a few more stakes too, need more coated garden wire to keep tying these ladies down.

2 Likes

Big try and get green vineyard tape to tie down. It comes in rolls very cheap and super flexible to work with strong too. Makes tie downs go fast because you just have to pull it apart to break off your desired lengths and it will not damage the plants.

4 Likes

Thank you, just ordered a roll, will definitely save time.

Using another basketball hoop base with bamboo as stake on cement -north side of garden - to bring closer to perimeter. They got watered with 70 gallons of water this morning, no tea :tea:

8 Likes

Have you looked into getting a big rectangle of horticulture screen? It might be a great addition to your grow; attenuate the sunlight a bit, but mostly keep those damned pests out of your plants.

1 Like

Those damn butterflies have been coming around for me: killed a few yesterday. Gonna dig out my horticulture screen todayā€¦

2 Likes

@Big123 I noticed you spread that DE on the ground around the pots but did you put some in the pot at the base of the plant as well?

1 Like

@ElChingon82 not yet, I did last year, have a mulch layer this season, likely going to put some down underneath soon.

1 Like