California Dream in DWC

Yeap, I am with @Donaldj, they are looking great and healthy, my friend :grinning: :+1: :ok_hand:

2 Likes

my two girls, 5-6 weeks old, after some trimming

the smaller of the two with some sticky bug traps on the floor in the background and a new indoor/outdoor thermometer

the larger plant and the “outdoor” temperature probe balanced on top, LST started

5 Likes

Heck yeah, they bushy as all get out. Great looking set of girls you have :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks @Nug-bug @Niala @Donaldj @BIGE @Ray4x @ktreez420 … lol, I was just working on them, reconfiguring my LST hardware…and the timer is 45 minutes fast, set for 9AM but goes off 8:15 now after a month…and the tent went dark, as I was finishing luckily…I will reset the timer in a few minutes back to 9AM, they get an extra 45 minutes sleep today…I forgot root pictures and under the canopy pics of the LST…roots are white, still :grinning: …just sad the small plant is what it is, small, but it is a week or more behind, there was a death of a seedling, this is the replacement…I forgot to water, I got distracted and forgot :cry:

3 Likes

@kabongster

Looking nice and bushy!! Don’t worry about the lost seedling… it’s easier to lose s seedling than an older plant. At least there hasn’t been to much time put into it ya know?

2 Likes

thanks for the reassurance @Ray4x …I’ll admit to being a little nervous, my only other DWC was interesting, I learned a lot but I needed guidance from the beginning to the end…from choosing equipment to trying a few different fertilizers and supplements, and I made plenty of mistakes…happily I harvested 12 ounces from my two plants.

2 Likes

LST started on one and root pics, the larger plant first

4 Likes

the girls have had a res change this morning…I’m getting ready to 12/12 them soon, waiting for the little one to age a bit more…ppm starting at 800ish for the two…the larger is drinking and eating well, gonna increase her ppm next feeding

6 Likes

girls are loking good dude

1 Like

thanks for the encouraging words @bryan …the res temps have been going up with every hot day we’ve been having… @Donaldj has explained the benefits of a bigger reservoir, taking longer for temps to rise and having a more stable pH.
I’ll be working on that upgrade for a future hydro grow :wink:

1 Like

figure out how to insulate the outside of buckets. My water temp now at 72-73, was 77-78. Room temps vary from 72-88 but bucket temp has stabilized. I use ice bottle only when I first do res change, then temp stays lower till next change.

2 Likes

I dropped a light weight screen on the taller plant…it spread things out and lowered her to the same height as the other plant which had a little LST applied…I gave the larger girl a shot of Cal Mag with her water this morning after tucking and trimming…

2 Likes

Looks like you are having fun, and that is important!

1 Like

Plants are looking incredible! Great job @kabongster

1 Like

thanks @Nug-bug and @bryan …as long as the plants are healthy, we are having fun :wink: …and the fun continues long after the harvest :yum:

1 Like

I changed the water, fed the girls…

https://www.amazon.com/Strength-nutrient-booster-resilient-hydroponic/dp/B00YBI0XZO/ref=pd_sim_86_6?tag=greenrel-20

https://www.amazon.com/General-Hydroponics-Flora-Bloom-Fertilizer/dp/B017H73708/ref=sr_1_1?tag=greenrel-20

https://www.amazon.com/Mammoth-250-ML-Bloom-Booster/dp/B01C69YRXS/ref=sr_1_1?tag=greenrel-20

I had planned to switch to 12/12 this week, but ended up trimming this morning, gonna let them recover a bit, it’ll be another 7-14 days before a light schedule change.

I spent 4 hours mixing nutes a few days ago…the silica supplement was first and it sat 45 minutes before I added the cal mag which sat 45 minutes before the Micro and Bloom went in (no Grow) then pH’ed and finally the hydroguard and Mammoth P
ppm was 900ish for both girls.

5 Likes

That’s exactly what I feed my girls with @kabongster, other than I have a different brand of Silica and I use Rhino Skin now.

:v::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

the girls got fresh water and nutes early yesterday, I increased the ppm on the larger plant to 1100, the smaller to 850, gave them the usual silica supplement, cal mag, Micro and Bloom, Hydroguard and Mammoth P…pondering my 12/12 schedule, when to start and stop for my convenience, probably a 10AM to 10PM cause I’m not comfortable doing maintenance in the evening, keeping the lights out during the warmest hours and the grow area dark to inquiring to inquisitive grandson’s eyes :eye::eye:!

1 Marshydro 300 watt (138 true watts), 1 Bestva 1000 watt (188 true), 1 Wellpar 400 watt (156 true) over a 2’ x 4’ canopy

4 Likes

every time I see people talk about their LEDs it makes me wonder how effective they really are? with 500w of power being comprised of 3 lights I think to myself how could that be any cooler or better than a single 600w HPS in a cool tube? I may be missing a point somewhere but the main reason to go to led’s is reduced temps and operating costs or at least improved yield and light penetration?
I don’t know it’s lost on me somewhere I guess the plants are looking good buddy I assume you will be flipping them soon since screen is full

1 Like

Here is an article that explains it very well

2 Likes