California Cold Temps

Growing in a tent in the garage. The cold night temps are unprecedented this week. In So Cal during winter the cold has never been a real issue. I just switched to flowering last week. Everything looks good and healthy. I’ve been growing for 30 years with no heater and never had a problem, so I am inclined to just keep doing what I’ve been doing. But it’s got to be below 50° f. right now so I am wondering what the others think.

1 Like

When growing outdoors in Michigan it’s common for temps to get into the 50’s or 40’s or even lower. Might not be optimum, but your plants will survive.

1 Like

Take advantage of it it’s not a bad thing. Beats trying to cool the tent come April and May which most likely you’re going to do being in California. Im usually running around the same time schedule as you are but this year I planted earlier for the reasons above. Let’s just say my only concern is humidity and not foxtails and heat and running the AC. Fresno California garage growing

1 Like

Another plus is now I don’t have to worry about someone being home to open the tent when lights come on to cool it off. Tent stays the perfect temps even with doors closed and smells are more contained. Cooler temps are making my grow more incognito

1 Like

Yes it is much better than contending with heat. Agreed. I can’t remember a time when it’s been this cold though.

2 Likes

Maybe Southern California but it’s always cold this time of year up north although this year is a little cooler and wetter. We got 3” of rain Friday

1 Like

The cold will also help bring out the colors.

1 Like