Calibrating my water between 6.5-7.2 ph and still no results. Please help me

A customer has a question and I hope we can get some opinions on it, thanks

I have planted 8 seeds and my seeds aren’t making it over 6 inches and a few leaves. I have kept them in 55% humidity under 78 degrees. Using an LED light, watering twice a week so not to over water due to low heat production from my light. Calibrating my water between 6.5-7.2 ph and still no results. I feel like o habe wasted my money. Please help me. This isn’t my first time growing, I have produced good products elsewhere and really want to have faith in the ILGM business buy this is becoming extremely discouraging.

1 Like

How old are the sprouts
Judging by the size of your plants and pots
It looks like they are still building a solid root system and growth above the soil will be slow
Its best to start them in small pots or solo cups
The roots will fill the smaller pots and upward growth happens
Give your sprouts a week or two and im sure youll be happy with the results
Also water toward out side of your pots this will encourage the roots to expand and search for the moisture
Have a great day and happy growing
:v: CB :cowboy_hat_face:
Join us so we can help guide you if needed :wink:

3 Likes

There is obviously something going on that needs fixing. Attached you’ll see a support ticket. Please be as complete as possible when filling it out. When it asks soil, hydro etc don’t just say “soil” as that is only marginally helpful. Tell us what kind and ingredients if possible. What tool do you use to measure ph? If drops or strips that is very likely your issue. Or one of your issues.

You can tag anyone using the @ sign.

COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?

System type?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS

Indoor or Outdoor

Light system, size?

Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Your humidity is low sprouts and seedlings do better with 80 to 85% humidity and I am only saying this because I don’t see it but you need to have the seedlings domed to help hold in humidity

Do those containers have drainage holes in the bottom or do the holes on the sides go all the way to the bottom. As long as they aren’t holding any standing water

As @Myfriendis410 suggests, fill out a support ticket so that folks have enough information to evaluate your situation and suggest a course of action.

Your runoff pH should be between 6.2 and 6.8 (6.5 is perfect) for a grow in soil. Depending upon your soil the water may need to be higher or lower to compensate.

You state that you seedlings are getting to 6" tall (before dying?). As @Countryboyjvd1971 asks, “How old are these seedlings at 6”. If they are only a week or so old I would suggest that they are stretching, reaching for light. My plants are fairly healthy and have just passed 6" tall at 4 weeks old and are very, very bushy.

It will be interesting as more of the experienced growers weigh in on this topic.
Good luck getting this figured out, the folks here are a wealth of information and are very willing to share it.

Also, @Sirsmokes is right on with the humidity. Keep it high during the seedling stage.

1 Like