Cali Dream- winter grow?

Well, my crop suffered from budrot. I salvaged what I could, dried/ cured. Pretty good but too early really.
Where I live is lots of rain, high humidity, and really hot during flowering.
Sooo, I’ve decided to go a different route.
I got some lights and have this under them for nearly 6 weeks now. I’ve been moving her out into the natural light during the day then back under the outdoor room.
My plan is to grow until middle of November then put it outside for flowering. Temps will be above 50 and below 85 with little rain and low humidity. Should harvest end of January.
Any thoughts to this process?

1 Like

Great idea! We did the same here since we did have some freezing temps. Tow harvested and one getting the chop tomorrow.

1 Like

Could you potentially have an issue with daylight hours getting longer and plants going back into veg?

1 Like

I checked the sunlight calendar and it shows more darkness than daylight through January.
We’ll see!

1 Like

7-1/2 weeks later and she’s 4 ft tall not including the 15gal pot.
I put her outside a week ago as she was growing so tall under the lights really fast.
In 1 week she’s beginning to flower. I’m expecting 10 weeks more which would put me middle to end of January. It’s very rare that we get freezing temps down here in these next few months but, we have.
I don’t need to worry about much of anything for another month.
I bought another quick shade for when the flowers get thick and we have rain.
I can also drape plastic sheeting around it and throw a little heater inside if it does get below freezing

I germinated this seed and planted it into a solo cup with Happy Frog. Then under the lights 24/7.
After two weeks she had roots coming out of the holes I made in the bottom. Transplanted into a 1 gallon pot.
After 2 weeks roots again showing at bottom. Transplanted into 15 gallon fabric pot after another week in 1 gallon pot.
Soil mix is 75/25 ocean forest/ happy frog. Then added 25% perlite to that.
That’s it.
I am on well water and feed her about a gallon each day. Once a week I add a tablespoon of fish emulsion

Today is 10 weeks.
Last night I ordered another pop up canopy, but this time with sides. It also has windows. I’ll put my clear tarp on instead of the canopy cover that comes with it. I have visqueen for the bottom and have a pallet for the pot to rest on. A little de- humidifier and BAM! I think I’ll have a good environment to combat bud rot

2 Likes

Check out the size of that fan leaf!

1 Like