Calamity’s Skywalker OG Grow

I’m curious about open sesame. I do have it in my arsenal tho. I got the dirty dozen on deck if I decided to use them all. In the past I only used the trio so I have no comparison. And honestly I’m not familiar with any other nutrient line. I feel like so much has changed in the last 10 years.

Can that be used in COCO based potting? (Open Sesame)

Just curious if that can be used with Pro-mix.

@MadamCalamity what’s your curiosity ? It’s great stuff , a little goes a very long long way with the dry trio of FF .
I’ve always used it the first 2 feeding in flower , it helps them transition over from veg to bloom a bit more aggressivtgan most nutrients I’ve used thus far , open sesame in about 8-10 your tulips :tulip:should start to curl inward and not outward so your pitstils can follow . @PiratedSoldier I’m using promix Sunshine #4 with micorhizi, so yes it works with any soil or medium or soil less mediums .

1 Like

Is this the dry trio that you’re referring to?

Foxfarm Soluble Nutrient Trio: Open Sesame, Cha Ching & Beastie Bloomz (Pack of 3-6 oz Jars) + Twin Canaries Chart Amazon.com

1 Like

Yup those are it. And it’s a really good deal too.

1 Like

Well in the shopping cart it goes!

2 Likes

Hello @MadamCalamity,
Your journal so far is just full of information MadamCalamity. Here in Oz we are unable to get the FF stuff as far as I know. For some reason my girls are looking rather bonsai type plants, but thick growth and not gaining height. Lights are 22" from canopy.
Thanks @yoshi for sharing your grow methods. Already I have my thinking cap on and your information is like magic and gold mate.
Have a magic day

2 Likes

That’s awesome @flyinghigh I’m grateful it’s helping you get the results you desire , awesome !

Glad your enjoying it :slightly_smiling_face: there is a lot of valuable information all over this forum that’s for sure.

2 Likes

Day 27

Watered Leia and Padme last night with water with 3ml cal mag and 1/4 tsp. recharge. I also did some heavy defoliation so the nodes weren’t covered. They got super bushy real quick. Also tried to do some more LST and I accidentally snapped a branch on Leia :tired_face: got super frustrated with myself because I was being so careful but I’m kinda like a bull in a China shop :joy: And I have decided that I hate the LST clips. Cool idea just not very practical for me and what I want to do. I also raised my light. I was trying to follow DLI by the chart that I have but nodes started to cluster so I might just stick to the old fashioned way. I also found a hole in my ducting :woman_facepalming: I must of accidentally put a hole in it when I installed my carbon filter when I switched to 12/12. Soon they should confirm their sex. Hopefully I covered the hole soon enough. Here’s some picks from last night. They were looking a little sad last night because they were thirsty and due to heat stress. They are looking a lot happier today.

2 Likes

Hello @MadamCalamity,

Your girls look very happy. I had to do the same thing with my girls. Exposing bud sites and having to remove many leaves. As I am growing in coco coir I am also using cal/mag and its works a treat.
If you don’t mind, I will show you a pic of my girls shortly. Just got to run into town. LOL
Have a magic day

1 Like

Looks like you are making good choices!

1 Like

I would definitely like to see your girls :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hello @MadamCalamity,

Thanks for that. As I am still on L plates, it is good to see other growers methods and then working out what best suits our needs and circumstances. Anyways, here is a few pics of my girls.
This is my mowie indoor grow during my winter. 2 biggest are plant A(left) & B(front)
plant C is smaller one. I made the fatal mistake of leaving drops on leaves on plant C (smallest) when lights on. You can see the result of burned sun leaves. My bad. I did tip her and she is growing back. Phewwwww :nerd_face:

Plant A

Plant C

So much to learn. LOL.
Have a magic day

2 Likes

There is definitely a learning curve and I agree it is nice to see everyone’s methods and then implement what you want to use and what would work best for you. They are looking good! They look so happy and bushy. At least C is cosmetic and you could cut those affected fan leaves if you decide to do so.
Happy growing and have a wonderful day :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Day 30

Each received 1/2 gal of water with 3.5ml cal mag with a ph of 6.7.

Leia is healing pretty well. I was worried that it snapped too much and that it wouldn’t be able to heal especially since I’m all out of honey. I love how resilient weed plants are. They are such cool plants in so many different ways.

4 Likes

Looks good!

1 Like

@Low and @MadamCalamity wait until I show you guys the love bud :heart:! Oh yes , two bud cokas growing in a heart shape that I’m training , crazy cool , but I done them in spirals , twisted stalks , and the figure 8 , so the heart is my first attempt with this module, but I think it’s going to come pretty cool looking .

3 Likes

Meet the Sonic Screwdriver Driver Lover bud grow , how cool is that huh ?

3 Likes

That’s awesome