Calamity’s Skywalker OG Grow

@MadamCalamity was I right , are they seemingly to take off now since transplanting? Looks to me as if they are definitely rooting ND spawning new big foliage now which they did stunt much , great job transplanting also cause it was your method that helped. Now week 3 or 3rd node ?

2 Likes

@MadamCalamity those are indica dominant strains , but if you want you can top them now are in the next 3 weeks , it’s totally your call :telephone_receiver:? But they are looking fantabulous

2 Likes

Day 12

Transplanted Leia and Padme into 5 gal fabric pots today. Transplanting plants has always been super nerve wrecking to me since I’m not exactly the most graceful individual :crazy_face: hopefully I wasn’t too rough on them :crossed_fingers:
Mixed happy frog with some perlite and mykos.

And I just want to throw it out there that when ordering online check sizing cus the bag of mother’s earth perlite that I ordered goes up to my freaking waist :joy: had no idea that you could buy bags that big. It’s a freaking monster! Let’s just say I’m set for perlite for a while…:rofl:

6 Likes

They look healthy. You should probably adjust the sensor to plant level away from that humidifier thing. You want to read the humidity near plants not the humidity coming off the machine.

1 Like

I didn’t even think about that!!! Thank you @Low

1 Like

The nice thing about the perilite is that even the bag that is THAT BIG weighs almost nothing. so, even though it will be “with you for a loooooooooong time” it isn’t that hard to move out of the way.

3 Likes

@yoshi dude you’re a freaking genius. I transplanted to a 5 gal and they exploded within hours!!! You are ahead of the curve and at first I was really confused but then it clicked you are steps ahead of me. You’re a freaking wizard :joy::joy: thank you so much…really dude I mean it :green_heart:

3 Likes

@MadamCalamity, once you learn the plants :leaves: language you’ll have a more understanding on how to raise them. I been at this quite sometime and had a hunger to learn that’s all. I’m still learning as to how to get from seed to harvest as simple, consistent, with minimum issues.

1 Like

@MadamCalamity they should be about ready for training or topping? Rapid growth ?

1 Like

Day 16

It’s been a while since I updated. Since transplant they’ve gotten 200ml of water each day. Today they got nutes!

10 ml big bloom
2 ml boomerang
1 ml wholly mackerel
1/4 tsp recharge
Ppm413 ph6.4

Gave them both 300ml each since they seems to be drinking the water up. Paranoid about over feeding them so I’m hoping I’m doing okay so far :crossed_fingers:

My other half bought me a new hydrometer that’s Bluetooth! Would of never thought something like this would exist :joy: freaking technology man! Pretty nifty if I say so myself.

I still have a long way to harvest but here’s some freshly picked strawberries :strawberry:

Happy Sunday Funday!

3 Likes

Day 18

Topped both Leia and Padme last night at the 3rd node. Thinking in a week I’m going to switch to 12/12. After some research I’m worried that they will get too big. I’m just going to try and do whatever training I can possibly do in that short period of time. Not sure if I’m making the right decision but it’s all a learning curve. If anyone has any input I’d appreciate it :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

if these really are day 18, that seems like its a little quick to switch to flower (unless you are just doing that to get them to show sex?).
i totally understand pushing sooner than later if you have a space constraint, but they still need to be mature enough to flower. interested to see some others weighing in.

that said, they are looking nice and healthy!! nice grow

1 Like

@JackAndSan
I’ve done quite a few photos 12/12 from seed. It will work. actually provides better yields than most of the autos I’ve seen here.

I’m assuming @MadamCalamity is planning this because she intends on keeping both? She will have to scrog, and train pretty heavily, and find a solution to drain the pots. If my guess on the timing is right this will be about the same amount of veg an auto would receive before it switches itself, give or take a week.

What are your plans @MadamCalamity

1 Like

@JackAndSan that is where I’m conflicted. I did do that in the past were I went straight to 12/12 but that was with bag seed and it was more of a let’s see what will happen type of situation. I am considering trying it this time around because I am worried about space. When I did research when picking out my seeds I didn’t take in consideration that the skywalker could get up to 7’ tall and I know once it’s in flower it will grow extremely fast. I also was not planning on keeping both. But now I’m at the point that I don’t want to have to kill a plant on purpose or have to buy another set up yet. And I’m thinking about doing what @Low said with the heavy training and try scrogging. Next grow I will try to plan things a lot better. Is there a better way to go about it? Or am I just being overly anxious?

1 Like

12/12 is a perfectly acceptable schedule… Just look at @MrPeat phenomenal grows. :nerd_face:

3 Likes

Will definitely look in to it! Thank you @kaptain3d

1 Like

If they get to tall, just use zipties and paracord. When you pull them down, wait till they get enough flower on them and release. They will stay down with enough weight. The will also start to grow back to the light.

3 Likes

Thank you @MrPeat for the information! I really appreciate it.

2 Likes

If that’s not accurate I don’t know what is :joy:

2 Likes

Well I’m super exhausted and in a lot of pain.
Time to eat dinner smoke a bowl, watch a movie and hit the hay. Fed Leia and Padme today.

1 Like