Calamity’s Skywalker OG Grow

Well guys…it looks like I lost about an eighth. The good thing is it was only on the top half of the bud and there were no signs on the rest of the plants. What sucks is, it was the biggest most dense one in there. It was also my favorite. Really bummed that I didn’t get to torture it or do the 48 hour dark period that I wanted to do.

I took everything out of the tent. Sanitized everything with alcohol.

I did 16oz 3% peroxide instead of 8oz for 5 gal water just to be on the safe side.

Decided against a wet trim after inspecting all the buds.

Got fans blowing now. Going to check on them in a couple hours.

Thank you everyone for helping me out! :green_heart:Especially @low and @CygnusX1 you guys are the real MVPs. It’s been a wild ride! Time to smoke a bowl and start on dinner.

7 Likes

Do you have a fan inside the tent?
Good job. I think you made the right decision. No point in risking and losing more than you already have.
Smart sanitizing the tent before hanging, a lot of people over look that part. I hope you sanitized the fans too.

Edit***

I see the fan! That wall of bud is blocking it!

3 Likes

Wow you and the responses here worked quickly, good work everyone.

Sorry your having to deal with this but looks like you are handling it great!

3 Likes

Fans have been sanitized. I have one inside the tent and one outside of the tent. Hate that I had to chop it down so soon but definitely not worth the risk. Would rather be safe than sorry. Why put so much time and effort into something just to mess something up that could of been avoided in the first place.

2 Likes

Thank @Syndrix was very fortunate to be able to get help quickly. There are great people here!

2 Likes

Great save!! It’s unfortunately not surprising that the best bud was the victim since it’s the most dense and would be holding the most moisture.

These things happen but you caught it fast and certainly made the best of the situation.

All in, great haul!!

6 Likes

Exactly.

Edit: should have read all the way through. I saw it was done!

1 Like

Good eye on those couple of spots @Low and @MadamCalamity mold is a fickle bitch for sure im almost certain i also lost my biggest most dense colla as well its hard to keep that crap away when these buds get so dense and sticky that moisture just gets locked inside ive already bought fans for all 4 corners of my tent for this next grow definitely not risking my girls anymore airflow,airflow,airflow!!! Lol hey atleast all we lost was a bud and not half a tent or worse everything

3 Likes

@MadamCalamity you should catch a grasshopper and throw it in his webbing and watch how fast he wrap that grasshopper up and bite him , it’s so cool !

1 Like

@MadamCalamity - what’s your rh been running during the last week or two of flowering before the unfortunate incident?
I don’t currently have Skywalker to grow but for future reference.
And lets face it - Gelato and Skywalker are just one good sale away! :rofl:

*I did scan back up a bit but didn’t catch it. Sorry if I missed it!

1 Like

Okay so I had to look over my app. The average rh was 59%. A few times it did drop to 49%. The highest it reached was 69% and that was when we had severe storms. Temps were between 68-83.

Humidity really did play a role with the mold. It was definitely a battle and a huge headache trying to control it.

2 Likes

Humidity is at 60% Looking at the jar makes me giggle. Look at those little buds in that huge jar

5 Likes

Yeah - that seems pretty high compared to everything I’ve read about flowering stage but I’m sure you, like everyone here, tried your best to control it.

As fluffy as my outside ladies buds are I’ve already found a spot - thanks to all the rain last week, I’m sure.
I’m seriously debating moving the 2 GDP into the solarium for flowering out. Not sure if it would be a battle or not - technically that’s “her” space. LOL!

Inside generally I can keep it in the low to mid-50s with it going up a little during LO. Of course, the 40% range is what we want.
Guess it might be worth it to find a small dehumidifier.
I’m about to flip…

Thanks for the info.

1 Like

45g trim
1g kief
7.5oz flower

Oh and I tested that tester bud out. I was pleasantly surprised with the flavor. Going in it’s creamy and sweet and has a light berry flavor on the exhale. Great smoke. Can’t wait to get into it once it’s cured! Well I guess this concludes my journal. What a wild ride. Thank you everyone for stopping by and helping me out. :green_heart:

10 Likes

Just for next grow round !

1 Like

Congrats on your harvest!

1 Like

Thank you!!!

@MadamCalamity that might help you out a bit I think for identifying what might be happening if your numbers get out of range ?
No tip burns are you have to start over ? No exceptions this is your final weed test this next grow ! I think you been fooling us you grow pro !

1 Like

1 Like

I will definitely save it to keep it for future reference thank you @yoshi

1 Like