Cal/mag deficiency during flower (support ticket)

They can be finicky indoors as opposed to outdoors

Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Update: I had asked them if I should continue adding the molasses and the concentrate at every watering with the cal mag and he replied with:

Just the next watering. You can occasionally add it (once every 3 or 4 waterings) It will boost the microbial population but you do not want to do it too often because then the microbes just concentrate on converting the sugar’s and ignore the nutrients in the soil that need to be converted. So you just want to do it every once in a while to increase the population of bacteria and then once the molasses is gone They go back to converting the nutrients

1 Like

Each plant has its own likes and dislikes, same with Humans. Even Twins are not an exact duplicate. I think in order to see identical results (not stressed or stressed) you would need a clone (genetic duplicate) and identical environment. (same light intensity and color spectrum, as well as nutrient and environmental parameters.)

OK, got my cal/mag with 1%N. Haven’t received my PH equipment yet. I’m naming this plant the rust bucket.
I’m going to start feeding cal/mag tomorrow to rust bucket, and squirrel girl (she currently looks great).
All pics below are of rust bucket. Pic 1 is of middle bud, pic 2 is top of main cola, and pic 3 is of another middle bud trichomes.
At 74 days I’m thinking it needs at least 1-2 more weeks. Thoughts?

Processing: 5190AE23-1CC5-460B-8022-811EBBEECDD0.bmp…
Processing: 0523EC82-F241-4CCE-A7D0-9E7C370433CD.bmp…

First time watering with cal/mag today. Gave it to Rust Bucket and Squirrel Girl. Still haven’t received my PH measuring devices. They are due Tuesday.
Planning to harvest Rust Bucket next weekend to help prevent any further nutrient or PH damage to the buds. Those are looking pretty good I think for now. See pics from my last post.

Based on those pistils, ‘rust bucket’ still has quite a bit of time to go. The trichs look semi clear to me. Not a great time to harvest. If you can wait longer than a week, I would. More like 2-3 weeks if you can…

The main cola was looking burned and was getting crisp on the outside. We were afraid the deficiency was going to ruin the buds so we cut and trimmed 2 days ago. RH in room at 45-50% so the trimmed buds were drying fast. Some smaller ones even felt too dry so we split them up and put in 2 jars. Both with hygrometer inside and hygrometer lid. And for added comfort put noveda packs in each too. We’re planning to check RH and temps every couple hours and burp as necessary until the RH stabilizes 58-64% in the jars.

1 Like

Also I wanted to add that the small fan and sugar leaves near the top of the main cola were almost completely brown from the cal/mag deficiency if that’s what the problem was. Lastly, you may be right about waiting longer but we worried that would compromise the crop on this plant.
On another note, squirrel girl is getting cal/mag nutes now and is looking great. We think we’ll wait till she’s ready to keel over before cutting.

2 Likes

The main cola was looking burned and was getting crisp on the outside. We were afraid the deficiency was going to ruin the buds so we cut and trimmed 2 days ago. RH in room at 45-50% so the trimmed buds were drying fast. Some smaller ones even felt too dry so we split them up and put in 2 jars. Both with hygrometer inside and hygrometer lid. And for added comfort put boveda packs in each too. We’re planning to check RH and temps every couple hours and burp as necessary until the RH stabilizes 58-64% in the jars.

Rust Bucket turned out OK.
I now present Squirrel Girl. 99 days from sprout to begin of cure. Pics are from trim for the cue jars.

1 Like

Pretty hard to over do calmag honestly and the small amount of nitrogen certainly isn’t going to make you have leafy buds.
In fact the 1st two weeks of flower is an excellent time to over feed calmag

2 Likes