Cactus Jill in the house!

Perfect. I seem to mess up nutes so the more time without having to feed I think the better. Just concentrate on PH and ppms until they start to drop right? That’s my mentality

1 Like

That’s it and if your ppm is high , just add more water , if your ppm is to low , add more nutrients by 2.5 mls always add in small measurements and that’s it . To high add water and regroup to low add food regroup until it’s perfect to your excepting and keep it as consistent as you possibly can to the number , no .1 up or down should not hurt much but never by .3 OK thats a big big difference in volume to micromoles I think or microlitters I think one of them shit , I been out of school a very long time .

1 Like

Yeeeeaaaa makes total sense! :pinching_hand: tiny measurements need tiny changes

HHAHAHAHA that’s so true!! I have saved your reply (and so many of your others too) and will be going back during curing before I grow another one and making a game plan!! Thanks for the confidence boost!

I try and water before the lights come on (but sometimes I crash before they do, soooo this morning I watered just before they turned off :woman_facepalming: And it’s chilly) what’s the harm in turning the lights back on during the cold days for some heat? She’s an auto so it shouldn’t mess her up right? (Sorry that’s my last question so you can do your own thing lol)
You’ve been AMAZING! Thank you so so much for all you’ve done! I wish I could send my mentors some goodies but sharing of info goes against the rules :frowning: laaaaame but I get it :v::v::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Haha yea it is lame. And kinda redundant. Everyone here should have enough weed to feed the poor and pill poppers. (Ok SHOULD… i confess my jars have been empty 2 months) but thanks for the sentiment anyway. Have the means to keep em stocked.

On the lights… technically there’s no harm. Autos are autos right? But genetics and science is alot more complicated then just growing the junk. N growing as u can see, aint no crystal stair….

But yea. Autos have some photo genes in them. Like some photos have auto genes. Itll never be 100% seperated (for all intensive purposes). So you COULD reveg her… she’d take even longer and with that much bud development i can almost guarantee some rot… she COULD also throw nanners and herm on you. Buds dont like light when its supposed to be dark.

In all honesty its a crapshoot. One that ur too close to the finish line to be risking.

2 Likes

That’s all I needed to know. I didn’t wanna reveg her… just toast her up after watering so she could use what was just given to her lol

That’s all! Don’t wanna get nanners! :banana::banana::banana::banana:

2 Likes

I’m of the opinion that most could successfully grow from seed. Doesn’t mean I’m not aware of some exceptions. But your plan seems fine too.

3 Likes

That was an awesome, well articulated and thoughtful response. I dropped back and punted too on the liquid nutes vs “super soil”. I was NOT having good results with the liquid nutes, even at a 1/4 of their suggested rates per gallon. Sometimes it really is as simple as “you’re overthinking it Dave!” :wink: Once i grabbed the Pro-mix BX Mycorrhizae, worm castings and 0.5-0.5-0.5 compost/manure and blended it my girls were like “AHHHHHHHHH” ( harmonic angelic voices in unison :smiley: ). I’m tracking with your advice on the lighting also as i opted the LED route and will try to apply what you mentioned you were experiencing to my indoor experiment. I have a small portable heater if i HAVE to elevate temps in there but that room upstairs i picked BECAUSE it’s humid and warm on the norm and would help regulating temps easier for me here. I’ll have to see what i experience with the bigger lighting but i think it won’t be an issue til winter temps for me as even with that puny 105W light in there i NEEDED the ceiling fan drawing heat up and the small oscillating fans down low moving air around in there. Thanks for detailing such a valid reply to her as it helps MORE than just the OP when reading these things :slight_smile:

1 Like

@TheVirginian

:star_struck::star_struck:RIGHT?!?!? Aren’t these guys amazing at laying this out?!?!

Dude… for real… you gotta check out some of the other replies on this post… @yoshi is legit… sometimes it’s so good I can’t even comprehend and need it slowed down for me lol
The responses on my posts are incredible!!! Purp and oly and abouttime and omg I can’t even list em all!!!

Just read through. I’ve asked some simple (I feel like they’re dumb questions but no one ever makes me feel dumb for asking them) questions and they’ve been patient and thorough and have educated my newbie butt so far beyond what I thought I could ever need to know!!!

You might find some tidbits of goodness that you’ll take with you forever!! :v::v:

4 Likes

Yep, yours, Oly’s, OldMarine’s and many others’ i’ve read from start to finish in the past couple weeks being here (maybe 3, don’t remember). I’m a sponge for knowledge and am SEEKING it so it’s a win win here for sure. I appreciate the character the most here in responses. it’s not a “i know more than you” or holier than thou arrogance found on SO many online forums. This is the type of place though, and about a TOPIC in particular, that MOST folks are pretty “chill” about and that probably has some to do with it but i’m certain it’s just because most here are actually DECENT folk :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hey @BigMommaC, yer annoyed???
That’s learning!!! Why did you think kids really hate school!!
But in all honesty, going thru what we all have gone thru with our first few plants is what builds your knowledge.
Now, I keep hitting em with Epsom salts till the last 2 weeks when I stop feeding them all together. Just plain 6.5 water till the chop… As a matter of fact the 2 weeks before that she should be getting her biggest feeds to keep up with her demands… If she’s lacking a nute, it will show in her leaves. Since Nitrogen is getting cut for the last 4 weeks of her life, it’s natural for leaves at the bottoms of branches to start to yellow as the plant will pull the nitrogen from her lower half to her upper regions to draw from the lower leaves what’s needed, closer to the buds amd colas.
If the plant has a purple gene, it will also start to express it and if you keep your night time temps in the 60’s you’ll get more colors expressed by whatever strain your running.
Next, I start all my seedlings on FF soil mixed with 20% more perlite after I barbecue it for 45 mins at its lowest setting…(250’)
My seedlings spend five days in solo cups and go straight to their permanent homes from there. No matter auto or photo, at at least 3 nodes.
I sprinkle a shot of Great White in the hole and some light water around the edges when needed to encourage root growth.
I never test my runoff because there is no need if you ph everything and the plants healthy. When I see a problem with the plant the FIRST THING I CHECK IS THE PH!!
Usually the problem is that…Flush, feed and don’t look back…she ain’t!!..
Your almost there.

3 Likes

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, @PurpNGold74!!!

CELEBRATE!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::partying_face:

Hope you have a fantastic day!! :v::green_heart:

2 Likes

Awesome explanation!! What do you feed with? I could prolly find it somewhere in our posts… but you have Epsom for magnesium. What’s with molasses? Lots have mentioned that one.
So I have like 1-2 weeks till I just water her… about 6 weeks flower now… in that time (using what I already have: fftrio, cal mag) I use the tiger and the bloom in its halved dosage… should I beef it up? Or stick with the sched?

And the bbq-ing of ff soil. Is that to make sure or isn’t too nute rich it kills the seedlings? Cu I know people cook theirs for buggie purposes, but if I’m using fresh soil the point would be to chill out them nutrients in it?

And that’s perfect about school and kids too. You’re absolutely correct on that. Not knowing and being comfortable with a subject is almost infuriating as an adult. Like come on!! I should know it all by now! I’m a million years old! And yet… there is always something new to challenge yourself with! So cool.

Aaaaahh!!! For real you guys are seriously the best!!! I love it! I get so excited when I see reply notifications cuz I just KNOW it’s gonna be some bomb info :rofl::rofl::bomb: (yup… bringing the bomb back babies)

3 Likes

@PurpNGold74 happy cake day bro!!

1 Like

So @BigMommaC …I bbq the soil also for bug purposes…had issues with bugs before I did it and before I gave up on FF soils, I tried that remedy and I’ve been lucky with that since.
The seedlings are fine in the FF from day one till they’re all grown up. Believe it or not. I water lightly and sparse when they are seedlings so they make a good root system looking for water…too much water when they are seedlings, and they will STOP growing.
As far as ready made brand soils, stay away from Miracle Grow brand soils. They are NO GOOD for any cannabis related plants. It’s way way way too hot for cannabis.
Don’t start em with it, don’t top off with it just don’t use it.
Back to the FF… its MADE for weed so…Since it’s only good for 4-6 weeks with just phd water or plain RO water and depending on how often and how much water you feed, you will wash out the nutes eventually, which goes for any potted plant really,
I start adding veg nutes at week 3 or 4 depending on what the plant is doing and what type of plant it is(auto or photo).
I used to use FF trio and now use Jacks 321 with great results and less fussing…for me.

1 Like

Thanks everyone. Not a bday. Just my Cannaversary. 3 years ago ILGM found me. Top 5 decision ever lol.

Bday is in 10 days tho. So Ill accept early wishes :wink:

3 Likes

Thank you! Yea imma stay away from MG. Never heard a good thing about it on here so I didn’t even consider using something that wasn’t formatted for weed.

I have another pot for pot kit thing so I’ll probably use what they give me and then use my old soil (Jills current soil) to top it off when need be! :grimacing::grimacing: so I don’t get that crazy 3000 ppm spike again when I don’t expect it lol

I need to research signs of hungry plants versus ph messed up plants versus locked out plants versus burnt plants… I know they have that leaf chart but honestly my leaves never quite fit any of the leaves on there OR they fit like 12 of them :expressionless::expressionless:

@PurpNGold74 well sonuva… thought I was on the ball. Nope. I’ll have to see what the bday icon looks like lol apparently it ain’t a slice of cake… legit-the cake was a lie… :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Haha. The cake was a lie…. :birthday: bday cake there.

And best way to learn is to kill a few plants

2 Likes

The cake is a lie

3 Likes

Is 27° Celsius too hot for Jill? :fire::fire::sunny::hot_face:

It’s hot here and I can’t get my house cooler than 75-80 (tiny little ac unit for my home) so I’m putting a bigger fan in the tent with her to move the already hot air around lol plus I had to throw the carbon filter on cuz I walked back in the house today and DAMN Jill was stinking about the entire place :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: smelled so good BUT it’s summer break and I’m sure my girls are going to have their friends over end weeeelllll legal to smoke not legal to grow…. So altho the tents in my living room :rofl: unless they’re growers themselves they won’t know what the hell it is… until they smell her burnt popcorn skunkiness… lol which has permeated my little home :green_heart::green_heart::sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

Oh and I’m watering her tonight. Her leaves look like absolute crap, but she’s getting thicker. Gonna do a good feeding with
the trio (just tiger and bloom) she’s 12 weeks, 6 into flower… cal mag too? Might as well. Gonna be cutting her off soon (right @abouttime ?) and like ALL her leaves are nasty not just the bottom ones so I now it’s something different than just nitrogen deficient… but I mean at this stage I’m just chasing… lol so not sure what to do besides just get those last few feedings in and try again next time lol

6 Likes