Cactus Jill in the house!

Hahah thanks! I’ll have to glamour shots my girl when I take her out to water!! That too one is pretty thick! I dunno how I’m gonna trim out those little sugar leaves when I trim after harvest :scream_cat:
It was funny cuz my bathroom exhaust fan sounds like a 747 taking off… and it’s obviously stronger than the tent fan lol so when I turn on the bathroom light the scent of Jill travels through the house and I’m like oooohhh stinky :rofl::rofl::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Perfect! Thank you!!! Thank you! You guys are the best for being patient with me. @yoshi i know you and @abouttime get so frustrated with me lol I’m trying! I’m learning! :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

@BigMommaC none of your question will ever frustrate me , so don’t ever stop asking and if I don’t have the answer , I know somebody who do , but I’m always in the shadows and that’s it, you got it . Now the way I do it in my garden , first feeding is 5ml cause of my soil mix , but I suggest 2.5ml for those who don’t know? Than my next feeding is 6ml , than 7 ml , than 8ml and light flip now in the first two weeks of flowering , I only used seaweed extract and recharge right before I swazzy , and the first week is ph water and seaweed & recharge while the plant is transitioning , second week from light flip I add bloom the first feeding in the second week from the light flip , I’ll add the bloom 2.5 ml a gal to and each other watering I’ll add 2.5 ml until I get to 10 ml a gallon and that for me is around week 6 or 7 and I glass my trichomes , and that will determine if I’ll feed more are just let them ride to out from there .

3 Likes

Way to go! @BigMommaC, She looks great. Very healthy… @yoshi, and @PurpNGold74, got you on this. I’m not a big fan of too much nutes. The FF soil is loaded early on at 2000 to 3000ppm so just water does the trick. I start my photos on nutes around week 5-6 and stay on N thru the second week of flower than go to bloom nutes (PK).
The Jacks is a little different in that it’s around 500ppm for every watering. No plain. Water feeds at all. So steady as she goes. The boosters which most people don’t use as I understand, adds 200-300 ppms during early flower and again they suggest finish boost which is a slightly different mix and still around 600-700 ppm total per feed.
So it’s right around 800-1000 at all times and I’ll get burnt tips by harvest time. All nutes are different and I personally never mastered the FF trio because there’s a ton of supplements to use along with em and I never went with the extra cash for em. Instead, I went to Jacks and ain’t looking back.
As I said earlier you were a few weeks away… if it’s a 60 day strain (lots fall in the 56-63 day range) that puts you at the end of the month or so for harvest. Ya got till the 20th to feed her bloom nutes and then you’ll pull back so she can flush herself out. Just water from there on out. About 3 more nute feeds, 3 more plain water feeds and then that’s it is the way I see it.
And write what you feed down…it’ll help memorize things as well as tracking your work for future reference. Also make observation notes on the plants looks, any pruning you do, as well as your runoff numbers. Kinda like school work…but really cooool school work!

5 Likes

PSA: I am not NOT having fun lol I am not super frustrated (sorta) I’m not taking it too seriously… lol I’m just bummed she looks like she went thru the wringer but the buds look pretty big compared to what I expected tbh and I am still loving growing! Just wish I had a better result with tweaking my watering and stuff like @DebbieM and her yellowing leaves a while back. They bounced back AMAZINGLY!!! Like epic results from all the amazing tips everyone had! I don’t want you guys to think I’m not following directions. Lol Jill is just fed up with my crap i think :rofl:

@abouttime Yea so I didn’t use (wasn’t able to) any nutes for about the first month or so honestly cuz I didn’t have them.
I’ll probably be switching to jacks after this grow per suggestions.
I used the pot for pot soil kit but when I topped it off with oceans my nutes went to like 3000+!!! AAAAHHH! Lol lol I didn’t know the hot properties of that soil so I fried her. Lame.

I’m still not confident with nutes and balancing the in and outs… I don’t know or really understand how to get a nice balance. How to know how much to put in (based off the last ppm out??) :anguished: I feel like it’s a shot in the dark. Not sure how much she ate so I guess I’ll feed more! But then the ppm was too much… next time I’ll feed less. Oh look now she’s starving. And now random nute burn and lockout and deficiencies but excessiveness ALL AT THE SAME TIME … wtf annoying… :sleepy:

Just watered her today (with cal mag) ppm in 275, ppm out went 1500, 1400 and then 1050 (I test at beginning of runoff , middle and very end so I can get an idea of how different it can actually be) :scream: 500ppms different apparently.
Ph in was 6.35, ph out was 6.4, 6.45, 6.58.

So based on your reply (which helped me quite a bit… I don’t know why this is such a tricky topic for me to grasp :woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming:) it looks like she didn’t eat too much last feeding which sucks cuz she looks starving!! But I only fed her 275, so next time her runoff should be lower than last time and that shows she was eating? But how do I know if she even needs a feeding next time if I can’t tell the ppms in there AT THE TIME… before I feed her if she doesn’t need it???
I dunno why I even bother measuring at the end of watering since I feel like it doesn’t even matter the next time i feed. Those numbers don’t make any difference on how I add nutes cuz even if I added less this time it might have still been super high ppms and I don’t know how to control that… so next time I might just follow the strict schedule it gives me with the nutes and just keep doing it regardless of outcome… since me tweaking seems to have little to no effect when I do. :woman_shrugging: Easier and just let her ride.

@abouttime Based on your usual nute usage I might just skip the N’s from here on out (including cal mag) and feed with the bloom one.

I trimmed off all her crusty ends on the leaves and she just keeps dying further up the leaves so somethings not right and I am being very careful with temps and ph now… but Jill wants to be CRISPY!!! Lol soooooo I give up on the leaves LOL

And I know it seems like I’m frustrated and not having fun but it’s more of me adopting the ‘what the hell ever’ attitude: she’s gonna do what she does and I’m gonna do what I can and see how it goes :woman_shrugging: Gonna worry less and just let die what’s already dying if that’s how it’s going. And keep feeding to beef up those buds. Dunno why the crispy leaves stress me so much (besides the the fact that that’s the only way she communicates with me and I’m can’t speak her language yet lol)

I wrote down everything i do everytime! Since day one! :blush: I’ll enter the whole thing at some point while she’s drying. :v::v:

So at this point she should be getting a pretty big dose of bloom? She’s about 5-6 week into flowering… and I mean honestly, I’m gonna full dose her next feeding since she’s already yellowing so badly it can’t get worse lol she’s either starving from lock out or too much nutes… but either way I’m gonna feed her lol. She’ll take what she can and do with it what she will. I have no idea how to tell of the trichomes are showing me anything besides… clear or milky. And I know these are clear as heck! Looking like glass! So cool I love it! Can’t wait to see em get cloudy so I truly know with my own eyes what the difference looks like!

10 Likes

Hehehe. Im tickled at ur frustrations. Textbook chasing your tail. Its alot of info and becomes an overload of gibberish.

6 Likes

Hey big momma. Your girl looks great! What week of flower are you in again?

2 Likes

This! That they shouldnt. The rate u feed should be pretty similar. The runoffs are just to check progress a bit. The more u pour the more comes out.

It crept up as more came out? So ur soils a bit higher. Think of it like this. Nutrient solution is 6.3. And constant. If the average is creeping up, the variable number (soil’s pH) must be higher.

Same with the ppms. U went in with 225 (low). First runoff was skyhigh. 1500… then it slowly averaged back towards ur input as u went on.

3 Likes

She looking awesome!

2 Likes

Hi @Jake3!! She’s about 6ish weeks depending on when i wanna count the first signs of flowering on her.
Sometime between April 27th and May 2nd.

Thanks for saying she looks good! I guess I don’t know what good consists of lol cuz everyone’s looks so lush and spoiled and Jill looks like she’s living in the back alley with the stray cats :rofl::rofl: love my scrappy girl

2 Likes

This is why alot of people use FF soils. It covers ur back through veg. But i wouldnt completely skip N. Vital nutrient. Very. Ur leaves will go to :poop: shortly if so.

Now next feeding? Yes skip the N. If she aint happy ull find out. And feed HALF STRENGTH. From crispy tips and 1500 ppms? She aint starving.

Possible deficiencies do come from too much N as well

Finally. She does look awesome. Ur overworrying. Let her do her thing. Lesson learnd.

2 Likes

Hahah I’m tickled you’re tickled!!

I need a party with all you and I can bring Jill out and you can be like ooooooooh ok ok I know what’s up! Lol CUZ I DONT!! Hah

I am so chasing my tail! Getting damn dizzy too! :slightly_smiling_face::upside_down_face::slightly_smiling_face::upside_down_face::slightly_smiling_face::upside_down_face::slightly_smiling_face::anguished::woozy_face::nauseated_face::face_vomiting:

Hahhah my leaves are :poop::poop::eyes: cut half em off trimmed the rest and she’s like ‘hold my beer… imma keep yellowing and watch her freak out’
:beer: well cheers to you, feisty wench… you got me!!! :bowing_woman:

2 Likes

Bahahahaha. Ur funny. I leave damaged leaves til im sure they fixed anyway for this exact reason.

It gets easier i promise. Just get her there

1 Like

She’s just “eating” those leaves. That is what they are there for, supporting the bud growth.

2 Likes

Gracias! Danke! :v::v: I guess I need to figure out what a good looking 6th week flowering auto blueberry looks like cuz I feel like I’m failing! Bud (auto correct typed bud instead of but and it’s too fitting so I shall leave it :rofl:) apparently not!!

How are your girls?!? How’s this chilly weather for em? We got some rain last night… like nothing… but it hasn’t even spit on us in weeks over here… damn cold at night too!!

Ok good to know. I wondered… but it seemed early so I didn’t wanna deprive her. I’ve seen those lollipop ones and so I figured she could use a little trim (auto type trim lol)

Oh she’ll make it to harvest if I have to hook up an IV of whatever the hell she thinks she needs until then!!! Hahah just a constant drip of nutes! :rofl::rofl: I WILL MAKE YOU LIVE!!! :zap::zap::woman_zombie: (No Frankenstein emoji, bummer)

Oh, and I think that the tiger has some nitrogen in it… So maybe I’ll just use a little of that plus cal mag and a bunch of bloom? Imma hit her hard with the bloom lol DRINK UP, YA THIRSTY GIRL! :beverage_box::beverage_box::beverage_box:

2 Likes

Sooooo I know they say the oceans or the ff soil in general is too hot for seedlings… so until like 3-4 nodes big?

Then would be it beneficial for me to mix some of my ff oceans into the base super soil from pot for pot or would that be too hot later? I know P4P says it’s good all the way through… but… well… yea no… soooo would it be too much or a good idea to supplement the super soil with some FF for a bit of a boost thru veg?

I used it on top of the condensed soil later in veg and it kicked the damn nutes up to the sky so maybe if I add it to the bottom half it’ll just allow me to post pone on feedings till later?

Just picking brains now… :thinking::brain::pinching_hand:
@HMGRWN @yoshi @OlyBoy98503 @abouttime @Jake3 @Budz @CalamityJane @Dankloud @dbrn32 @Mr_Wormwood

2 Likes

I have seen posts of others who do just that with the “hotter” soil on the bottom for later.

1 Like

@BigMommaC you got this , now from your notes of what all you have done to the plant growing up unto this point is all you need to correct in your own terms of everything I said and all the others, our insights are only references to what you are confident in doing watering , trimming , feeding the plant.
Keep in mind everyone don’t have the same lights are growing environment exactly to what your tent may e setup , so you have to find the parts that works and makes understanding knowledge to you on how your brain is wired. I ask myself the 5 Questions if I have too okay . But you take those references and do it in measurements that you are familiar with are comfortable with ok , don’t be overly whelmed . Now I’ll fall out so I’m not confusing cause only do simple stuff now but you must have some common sense are you will burn them , and the only way is to hurry up and wait them out little by little is all I do . I’m very precise and consistent in my ph , ec , ppm and I only do what’s needed base off how the plants look to me . So I hardly water and when I do it’s usually a liter each pot in a 3 gallon up to a half gallon the whole time in seedling and in vegging .
Now if you doing a long veg , you’ll know by your runoff as time goes on how much more water the plants will need daily or weekly going into early flower they will need more water more often to keep them blooming but I don’t really do more than a gallon through out flower so I never over saturate my soil with salts is why I got away from grow liquid nutrients and starter building my soil with dry fertilizers cause it’s just all that much easier and simple . Plain water until you see buds and add flower nutrients 2.5 MLS each watering up to what 8 maybe 10 mls or you can stay at 5 mls , it’s a growers choice honestly . But I had much less leaf burn with this method , verses Coco or FFOF soil , I went with promix and Bio Live 5-4-2 is a much better mix than 5-8-4 can be a bit hot if you transplant them to soon , but other than that it’s all I mainly do in growing .

1 ounce of dry fertilizer per 1 gallon of dry soil mix , add one teaspoon of Mykos and Azos and start my ph around 5.6-5.8 pour a gallon through it after I pot it up to get it nice and wet thoroughly before I put my plants in there , check the runoff numbers and I’ll adjust from there , simple and with Promix it has such a good water retention quality , you really don’t have to water to often early in veg honestly but you will have gnats , cause the larvea is in the Bio Live and that’s just a part of using organics ferts , but for as headaches are leaf burning , you won’t have those problems to often unless you add something else at the wrong time and the roots is not ready yet for what being added. But if it’s needed and at the right timing, smooth sailing the whole grow leaves pretty green and no burn tips . I got faith in you and I know you next plant will be 3 times bigger and better next time. And the more you harvest , the better you final quality will become :ok_hand:, Blessings ok now if I can help , I’ll be writing on my journal I started on my 5 different soil recipe mixes I develop over time for those who don’t won’t to do all that water mixing nutrients the entire grow. Just if any wants the info on what and how I make it easy for me .

But remember stronger lights better results over all and plant health . Now you have grown with your light , you should have been tracking your watering schedule :date: the whole grow , what day , what time , right after lights on I hope always and in moderation to wet the soil not drenched did it okay , yes don’t have to drenched it diddid after each watering , especially early on when it’s only like 5 or 7 finger leaves on it , by the 9 or 11 finger leaves under 78° in a 3 gallon should be about a liter of water every 3-4 days with Leds are even longer with Promix . Actually it’s why I added the 315W to help bring up Temps a bit cause going from a smaller tent 2x2x5 to a 4x4x8 with the Led lights I have was not enough to help dry out the soil , I had plenty of moving air but not enough light omitting heat so my lights were weak so my plants would not eat ?
This is one of the main reasons many burn they plants to begin with cause they feed either more than the plants can used under the power the lights are beaming so the plant can used that light to eat and when it’s to much water , not enough heat and light , defiency nightmares and headaches .
Now if you have good light power and your soil dries out in about on average 2-3 days you will have most likely more healthy plants each time cause they can used what you pour in it to eat and drink . But if I pour 60 gallon down your gut , you would be bloated like a blimp and miserable right and pissy , lmao yes but @BigMommaC you got this , I think if you just balance out what all you did this time and just polish up what all you’ve done on this plant , your bext plant will be triple this one size .

4 Likes