Buying another light today. Opinions?

I’m ordering another light today. I have 1 HLG 600R-spec and I am extremely happy with it. My plan is to buy another one today. It will be $697.00 total. I don’t think that is bad as it includes shipping and zero tax.

However, I am always open to the opinions of you great folks. Is there a better alternative that would justify any increase in cost?

One light just won’t cut it.

@dbrn32 I know you know your lights!

2 Likes

Look into ChilLed Tech lights. Couple of folks have them on here including myself. Seems to be doing great for me. Plants are looking great!
Good luck! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

3 Likes

Thanks for the recommendation!

2 Likes

The 600 Rspec is a great light. Chilled does make great lights too. I would stick with the 600, but that’s just my opinion.

7 Likes

The Chilled light is at least 32% more for the same wattage. I do see where they have some different 600w models. But the 60 day minimum lead time is the real deal breaker for me.

They do look like nice lights though.

1 Like

dont forget the discount code “dude”

3 Likes

Thanks. I did add that in.

What is the total area you’re looking to cover? Hlg is good stuff, so is chilled. I think would come down to what will get you closest to target result.

1 Like

Another 5’ x 5’.

A bar styled light would let you run a little closer to canopy.

Do you think to is worth the extra $400?

I don’t think they are $400 better lights, but depending on how you plan to use may be worth spending more.

2 Likes

Pulled the trigger on the 600R-spec

2 Likes

Depending on grow space size of course but you can’t go wrong with HLG, however I just ordered the ChilLED X3. I don’t have it installed yet, but it is lower in price and made for my 2x4 tent. Worth checking them out if you can save a few bucks. Code is MRGROWIT at checkout if you get it.

I ordered my new HLG 600R-SPEC on the 15th and received it today, the 18th. Big shout out to HLG! Free shipping! $697 out the door.

Please don’t hate on my paint! I’m gonna paint in the spring.

1 Like

I have 3 HLG lights and you really can’t go wrong with them. I did set up my Chilled Tech X3 finally and man it’s nice too.