Buying a new light. what should i get?

5x9 flower (2 650r) then I have a 2x4 veg with a hlg 300l b spec

1 Like

Three of the 260 xl kits great in 5x5 too.

2 Likes

@dbrn32 @420qc, so 2 hlg 600 for a 5x5?

1 Like

First and foremost…a much more experienced guy is now responding to your post. So please… listen to @dbrn32 before you listen to me. I don’t think 2 would be necessary for a 5x5 at all… im in a 5x9 that’s the only reason I have two. Do you plan on using whatever light for the entire grow…veg to flower?

2 Likes

For my next grow I want to get about 6-8 plants I. There. That’s close to a 5x5, I have a bigger tent just so I have room to move but I don’t use the whole entire tent.

What light was used on this plant?? That’s the type of buds I want lol.

I looked up HLG, seeing lots of different style is HLG just a brand?

Yes… they are the company. With multiple options to choose from to suit your lighting needs

HLG is horticulture lighting group. That plant was in a 2x2 tent under a qb 135w kit from HLG.

2 Likes

Yes my entire grow will be in the 5x5

No, I would go with option I listed above if you want quantum boards in a 5x5.

1 Like

This is what I planned on purchasing @dbrn32. What do you think and how many?

2 Likes

Wow that’s truly incredible, I have 4 girls under a QB 2000w maxisun (spyder farm knock off) and they looks nothing compared to to your 135 w. Could somebody explain to me what people mean when they say my light really isn’t a 2000 watt light, and how the companies always lie about there numbers and what the light actually is.

I ordered my hlg from growerslights 2 weeks ago and still no type of shipping info. I think they might’ve been sold out as well but still allowed orders to be placed for them

1 Like

It’s possible. I’ve always ordered direct from HLG. Last order was two rspec boards on 7/3 and they arrived on 7/9

2 Likes

I wish the hlg site had them available :disappointed:

1 Like

The devil is in the details. This is that maxisun “2000”

HLG is one of the few out there that say exactly what their lights are

2 Likes

Between covid slowing production and people getting stimulus, they are flying off the shelve.

2 Likes

Yea exactly. Who knows when I’ll get mine

1 Like

Wow lol. So my “2000 watt” is really a 200 . How do they claim that it is 2000 watts lol, that’s crazy man. Thanks for showing me that. So I guess that’s why HLG is so much more but your actually getting a very quality light? How are the HLG’s on efficiency and the amount of heat they let off ?

1 Like