Butter very dark. is it ok?

I just slow cookered my shake and trim and was wondering why it is very dark. I checked temp. and was around 190 to 195 degrees, which I thought was fine. Does anyone have a guess if it is ok or did I overcook it.
I am also using shake and budz for tectine(sorry wrong spelling) and used grain alchohol… any suggestions on this also?

What did you use as a solvent? You either did not use enough; Or a solvent that was not pure enough; Or You overcooked it! ;(

You must use a double vessel method to reduce the oils and residue; Insure that you slowly derive the pure oil.

I used only 1 lb of butter and 1 1/2 qts water, slow cooker on low which was about 195 degrees. Now after straining and cooling, it has turned green. So I think it is I=ok. will test this weekend.
Thanks for your input

What’s up is that left from your harvest what was your total weight when done

Mine runs green. The cookies sometimes have a green tint. But my friends all love the added flavor and I can’t keep them out of my refrigerator when they come over.

1 Like

I’m new to this forum and would like to know if my oil is amber in color instead of green because of potent genetics?

I make it from Kush and I use the same process I use too but now it’s amber.

I use pure 99% iso to make it.

It’s a one toke hammer in potency and my buddies all like it like crazy.

I know it’s not a reply to your post but was in the same area of knowledge.

Cheers

sorry for the late reply. yes butter was from trimmings. all together 1.75 oz trim to 1 lb butter
harvest numbers: gold leaf 1 oz white widow 2 oz and super silver haze 2 oz. growing outside now for summer with 6 seeds that came from my hermed plants. I now have an extra hundred seeds or so all 3 strains gave me lifetime supply!

Good come up on seeds