Burples vs full spec quantam boards

Do you have any heat issues with the fans blowing down instead of across. I either have them blow up or across to avoid the heat from the light.

I’m wanting to push the limits for the area that I’m working with, whither it’s OP lighting, trying to maintain perfect VPD, experimenting with nutes and microbes, or trying different super cropping methods. I’m currently on day 38 of flowering. Supposed to take 70-80 days.

I have that black fan moved down to beside the backside of the pot and is oscillating and blowing slightly up through the canopy, I have another on the floor blowing up and across the humidifier to circular the moisture, and my third is in a top corner blowing down the side to mix the hot air through the tent.

My main exhaust port comes straight out the top, so even if it’s not running the hot air still has a place to go.

1 Like

Here is current pics 3 weeks since flip to 12/12

The fan straightens out and blows across when tent is zipped

See those pvc pipes they come from the 6 inch intake fan reduced to 4 inch pvc split to 2 inch then go to 2 inches off the floor so they don’t blow heat down. The exhaust is in the back directly across from hanging fan. None of this is important in cold months. In the summer wow does it help.

2 Likes

That’s awesome! My intake port is on the bottom of the back wall, that will be getting some tubing and an in-line fan here soon.

1 Like

I have bottom ports just no access to them in that small area had to think outside the tent (Box)

1 Like

By the way this is only a 2x3x54 with 5 26 to 28 inch plants in it. Stuffed wall to wall. 5 gallon pots

1 Like

Here’s 1 of the undercarriage. Doesn’t look like it in pic but they are pretty well stripped 14 inches up. I think that is where reverse canoeing is coming from that I did not notice till I looked at pics. Just got stripped heavy again yesterday. Might still be recovering.

1 Like

Yeah, I just got the 2x2x4 set up for the moment! Can’t wait to have room for my bigger tent. I have the one plant in flower, and waiting for two seeds to pop. Manda pretty much takes up the entire space tho. Lol

Here is 28x55x80 all bestva 3 1500 blurples and 1 1000 full spectrum.

Here is last grow with them pound and a half of solid buds.

Sorry none of the big colas left. I trim them down off the big stem after cure for storage.

1 Like

I’m going to do better this time. Those were only 26 or 8 inches tall the ones in there now just flipped to 12/12 today are 25 right now can’t wait to see what stretch brings maybe 36 to 48. All alcopoco gold.
Next will be gold leaf from ilgm already sprouted.

2 Likes

After considering my options and which factors weigh in the most on the decision, I’m pretty set to pull the trigger on a purchase tomorrow to replace the blurples in my 4x4 flower tent and I’m posting one last time to see if anyone sees any major holes in my argument. I’ve decided to go with two Viparspectra xs2000 lights and I’ll explain why. I have a MAX budget of $500 for this (and could use several other things if I could cut it down lower than that), and IMO it is much more in my interest right now to improve yield and bud quality within the next year than to be considering something that will take me through the next 3-5 years (and Viparspectra does offer a 3 year warranty that would seem to be legit given their name brand recognition, despite being a Chinese-owned company). If I can do that, then maybe a year from now I can be thinking about an HLG 550 V2 or something similar or better. The XS series does use 301Bs and a Meanwell driver, and while they’re definitely not top bin they’re still at least following in the footsteps of the industry standard. Mars Hydro and Spider Farmer, both official Samsung partners and well known brands, don’t use top bin diodes either and their lights that I was considering all use MOSO drivers. Mars has a nice looking 5 year warranty with supposed local repairs that looks pretty nice, but the difference in cost really doesn’t make any of the competition (HLG included) look more appealing to me right now.

This review is supposedly independent (seemed a little gimmicky) but appeared to be pretty objective for the most part:

I even thought about getting the XS4000 with two p600 lights to place on either side (I would hang the xs4000 diagonally). If anyone objects to this purchase, speak now or forever hold your peace✌️.

1 Like

Sound good to me viparspectra is right there with the rest. Bestva hlg and others. I know some disagree with this it’s just my opinion. Good for you for doing some homework and making your own decision.

4 Likes

Yeah I really feel like for a mid-range option this is probably the best choice. I saw a side by side comparison to the bestva pro model and this one surpassed it in pretty much every way, and I’d say in this particular market they’re probably their biggest competitor. For what they are and their price point, I’ve actually liked my Bestva burples for the most part (much more than the Layond, at least), so I was considering them as an option as well. If I were to go a tier higher I’d most likely skip Mars and Spider and all of them and go straight to HLG. For right now though, with a deal like this on amazon, I’m pretty sold:

@Docnraq @Myfriendis410 @beardless @dbrn32 @BobbyDigital @DrWoo or any others, any final thoughts? Once again, I really appreciate everyone’s time and input on this thread. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

You made your decision with eyes open, weighing pros and cons. Your choice is the correct one for your circumstances and priorities. Good luck with your grow!

4 Likes

Well said. Makes no difference to me what anyone uses, long as each feels they make an informed decision my work here is done.

5 Likes

I do like their 4000 I’ve thought about getting it.
I’ve seen reviews that put it above hlg also.
Don’t know how much clout I put in those reviews but I do think they are all good lights and company’s though. It all comes down to your preference. I should go ahead and buy one with you but I keep telling myself to wait and see the results from the w600 bat. Then make up my mind. I want two 2000 watt something though so I can do a mix with my blurples.
Have a great day and congrats on the lights

2 Likes

Appreciate the feedback. With everyone’s guidance here I do feel like I’m making a pretty informed purchase, and as the previous few gentlemen said, that is really what it comes down to in the end. I hope this thread can help some others as well!

3 Likes

Dr coco is awesome!

1 Like

cool yeah a lot of this is all new to me so I don’t really know always whether I’m getting my information from the best source (…unless they paid you to say that lol).

2 Likes

I love my 300w bestva full spectrum. I dont use it often but when i do it works great. Running 3 550r in 4x8 now and 1 in my 3x3. The 300w bestva pushes that 3x3 well when i use it.

3 Likes