Burned up plants?

Hi Guys,

I really need some help. I planted in a house 8 Blueberry indoor plants. I put them under 600 Watt Metal Halide and they grew like crazy. When I decided to try and flower and changed to HPS, a nightmare started. The plants turned yellow and I got no flowers at all, just the fan leaves. I had 1) watered more 2) watered less 3) added more and took away more fertilizer and they just seemed to wilt daily.
Should I change the height when I go to HPS? or change something else. I have pots that are 10" deep so I don’t know if that is too shallow. Going to try again with another strain, but really appreciate some good input.

Regards,

Oh, where to start… We need much more info to even begin to say why your plants died. There is a chance you may need to raise the lights as HPS is more efficient in its electricity to light transformation so that its light is more intense than MH at the same wattage. It could have been entirely from over-watering as well, one of the easiest ways a beginner kills their plants.

Here is a support ticket to get you started:

ILGM Support Tickett

What is the strain?
Indoor or Outdoor?
Size of space?
Soil or Hydro? Medium used?
PH?
Type of nutrients used? PPM levels?
Temperature?
Humidity %?
Light system/watts?
Vegetative Growth cycle or Bloom/Flower cycle? Number “weeks/days” from start of veg growth or flowering?

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. Regardless of what type of lamp you are running; You always have to adjust the distance of the lamp above the canopy, as it is constantly growing. Place your hand on the top of your canopy, (the highest point of the plant). If it is to hot for the back of your hand to be comfortable; Warm, but comfortable…The lamp is too close, move it up to where you can place your hand palm down above the canopy and leave it there.

At least this will allow you to address the lamp height issue. Hope this helps:)

I also agree with my buddy MacGyver_Stoner. Please fill in the “Support ticket” above and add a couple clear pictures. Peace :mrgreen: