Bunny Jane's Second Grow

You are correct @MoBilly! More power to you!

A group of us banded together and each applied for NWF certification when a a neighbor was cited by the city for “weeds” over 12 inches tall in her front yard as she was building a bee habitat (someone did not like her dandy lions).

We keep our front yard to “suburban standards” with just a small bit of xeriscaping but let the back go farrow - only culling “weeds” after they have bloomed and over-wintered critters have come out of hibernation. Over the years I have heard rude comments (definitely loud and deliberate) from people on the walking path behind us.

We have to feed the Earth and its creatures to feed ourselves.

Time to get off my soapbox…

6 Likes

It’s true! I read somewhere once that one of the few colours bees can see is purple.
So ditto! My garden is full of purple too - plus I love the smell of lavender! Mmmmm….

Love everything you’ve got going on here, sis. Great work and loving all the concealments! :wink::purple_heart:

5 Likes

Good looking plants!

4 Likes

Looking great Jane :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Awe yea! Everything is poppin, hard work is paying off!

*tips with herb - love it! I always keep a lil extra on me exactly for that reason.

Happy growin!

4 Likes

This is gorgeous, your little habitat. As well as your girls are doing beautifully! My vote is to please let Gary 2.0 live, I am so curious. I used to grow veggies, lots of peppers, and one plant was AFU, weird looking leaves, stunted, strangely shaped, just not like anything else. I let it grow just to try to figure out what it was. It turned out to be a pimento. Surprise, since I had no olive trees I had no idea what to do with a pimento, they did not even get tasted, idk why not tho. So unless you really need the space why not just see what happens with Gary?

6 Likes

Beautiful garden!!

3 Likes

Hahhaha! I just noticed the fake flowers in the one container! I totally need to do that!!

4 Likes

#SaveGary

Should we start a GoFundMe page for Gary?

5 Likes

#SaveGary :rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

:monkey::briefs: Here as usual so no likes to give but I like this a lot!! :purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart:

3 Likes

Dude! Kick ass!

3 Likes

6/12/2021

As promised, here is a picture of the tent girls, Clementine, Union and Silverton.

They each had 1/3 of a gallon of compost tea and I trimmed off some of the lower and inner leaves, and snipped some small branches for cloning. I raised the lights but the way they are stretching since the flip last week, I may have miscalculated the available distance. I also took the time do to one last tent cleaning (and let out two :spider:'s). Starting to see hairs appearing so maybe the hedgehogs will arrive next week :crossed_fingers:t2: and the next 10 weeks go smoothly.

Speaking of clones - it looks like all four of Clemmie’s first clones have taken root! I guess I know what I am growing next run. Hope the imbibers in the household like Tangy Dosidos.
@emgoldslo @MeEasy @BStarr @Covertgrower @CalamityJane @DebbieM @MoBilly @Calizona @Skydiver @Carey

9 Likes

Looking awesome!

3 Likes

They’re lookin great @JaneQP and yes ma’am you should see some baby hedgehogs by next week

6 Likes

Wow, wow, wow! They look amazing! Nice and greeeen! :green_heart::green_heart::green_heart:
Fab work, sister! :metal::metal:

4 Likes

Looking great. Keep up the good work :clap:

2 Likes

Looks stellar Jane! Don’t you just love this time in their development!?
:v::sunglasses:

3 Likes

6/14/21

Girls were watered with pH’d water, cal/mag and what the hey - some silica and aloe. I need the root and branch strength to hold up those ginormous buds I am going to get with my cheap blurples. :rofl: I crack myself up sometimes…

Every time I water Clemmie likes to show me some branches I can cut off for clones. Can you take a clone before the hedgehogs appear? I already have four viable clones, three possibles and nine more just hanging out in water. Might do 1-gallons, short veg outdoors, and then flip inside. Is that a SOG?

One thing I’ve noticed about living soil - it smells like the Earth after a good rainstorm when I water.

I’ll check in with y’all this weekend so we can see how the #SaveGary go fund me is stacking up.

Best,

9 Likes

That just means your microbes are happy. I love that smell.

8 Likes