Bunny Jane's Second Grow

The more material you leave on
The slower the drying process which helps preserve terps and flavor and potency

The paper bags I would try to leave them as big as I could …I used a wardrobe box from Lowe’s with a Pc fan as exhaust and passive intakes at the bottom

I also bought a cheap WiFi/Bluetooth hydrometer that comes with a lanyard and hung it inside the box …the green material is carbon filter also from Lowe’s you cut yourself .so no odors getting in …but I won’t lie odors got out but no one here minded one bit it kind of smelled terrific …my harvests each took about 6 days to dry maybe 5 on the second one …I think I underdried but that’s where I used the paper bags …I put the buds in one then sleeved another over top …now it’s like a paper box …every few hours I’d just turn the bag or shake it just so nothing stuck together
I also kept the hydrometer wherever the buds were or are …this moment they are in the grove bags with the weed which has been good around 62/63 percent for weeks and no burping

6 Likes

I also did all of that without a moisture meter but that would probably be the ONE thing that I would really recommend it takes all the guesswork out of it and you’ll know exactly when to jar or grove bag your buds

Without being weird the truth is you want to tease the moisture out of the center of the buds so if you leave more or longer stems it will help slow things down .the outsides will feel crispy but the buds will still have moisture inside and the smallest stems will audibly snap but not break off …the moisture meter requires none of that and they are $20 or under on Amazon

That little bit of moisture left inside is what you want during cure cause that comes from the center out …

1 Like

Looks like I will be going to the store tomorrow for paper bags! I have a room hygrometer but not the little ones to put in each bag.

2 Likes

It’s not necessary !! I’m too noob and overthought everything like a ocd lol

1 Like

Well since my husband recycled my wardrobe box……

2 Likes

Lol ehhh I liked it but it isn’t totally necessary wish I could of hung my plant whole upside down in a dark room for two weeks i have read that’s like the ideal dry but I wish I was able to try it and see

Thanks for the tag Ms Bunny, it sounds like lacewing has you heading in the direction I would have probably gone. Drying is kinda a pita in dry environments it goes quick

Great lookin box setup @Lacewing

3 Likes

Thanks for the tag, @Lacewing, and @JaneQP I’d be happy to offer any advice I can.

3 Likes

Hey @JaneQP

I find drying the hardest part. I have both a humidifier and dehumidifier in my drying tent because the conditions change so fast. This last dry was all dehumidifier and tent was still going a bit high at times. I run an exhaust and a small fan because of the high humidity and my fear of mold.

I let them hang for 3-4 days cut them off and used one of those net hangers and left them another 3-4 days.

Also using grove bags for the first time this cure and think they have helped a lot!

It’s definitely still my weakness.

Good luck

3 Likes

I really like your mixed approach finishing in the net hanger …I was thinking of trying that too …next harvest I might

2 Likes

@Lacewing i feel it’s my best dry so far.

1 Like

Nice …idk why but I think in my situation it would have been good

2 Likes

I turn them both on and let them fight it out

4 Likes

I bought some paper bags this morning and the big GG4 is getting her bath.

I won’t grow this strain again. First plant produced a whopping 22 grams dry. Maybe I got clones off a bad pheno? They are not near as sticky as I read they would be.

Clone provider has some new strains so I will try something different for the next indoor grow.

3 Likes

I have a GG4 auto in tent right now that is a beast! Genetics plays a huge part

3 Likes

I don’t know if you remember the sickly gg4 I just finished I hated that plant from start to finish and it ended up making the biggest splash with my family they loved the smoke. They were just talking about it yesterday I think but the kids were crying about my ol lady not sharing the gg4 with them :joy: and it’s already gone… I’m sure she has a stash lol she has to tell them it’s gone or they bug her

3 Likes

I must have received two duds. I think their mother must be getting tired? I know, I am a mother. LOL.

The two train wrecks and two tangie dosidos from her produced a good haul of decent sized sticky buds. Heck the little Tangie dosidos clone will probably produce more than the GG4!

Oh well water under the bridge now and time to to try something else next grow.

My husband did find a few seeds in the tangies and Trainwrecks so I have those to grow.

1 Like

It could be just a sensitive strain for all of us to have an issue with it :thinking::thinking:

1 Like

I am sure it will get smoked by the family without complaint. I think the family’s motto is “Any free weed from mom is better than no weed or paying dispo prices!”.

I am now going to chop Gary 2.0, a Skywalker OG. We’ll see what I get from her. She is spindly but has some okay buds.

2 Likes

No :heart:… it works out pretty good I enjoy the L out of growing it they enjoy the L out of smoking it… like you say about despo prices not spent covered the money I spend on equipment for growing it real quick

1 Like