Bunny Jane's Second Grow

2 hours to Likes

Congrats Jane !! Looks like some nice buds !!

2 Likes

@Lacewing :heart::heart::heart::heart: Wish there was a way to gift likes.

2 Likes

It’s ok !!! The thought that counts !!

2 Likes

Beautiful :heart_eyes: Ms :rabbit: congratulations :partying_face:

2 Likes

Harvest Congrats @JaneQP !!

1 Like

Thanks @MeEasy! You are the one that gave me the push to go organic. I can see it is a great improvement over MG.

1 Like

I only push organic because it’s so good to me, the simplicity and quality is great

Thank you @emgoldslo! So I taught the hubs how to cut the fan leaves. He was so into it he pretty much wet trimmed everything on the 2nd GG4 and sent pictures to all his friends so my compost fans are mixed in with good trim. All is well . Hash will separate it all right? Just nice to see him so happy trying to help. I will never turn down free trim work and since we have both been thrown into the retirement bin earlier than expected it will be a great “hobby” to work on together. Thanks for all your support since the mosquito bits days!

1 Like

Jane, what would you do to tame this? It has lots of side shoots

1 Like

I think push may have been to strong of a word. You made suggestions which I followed. The hubs said tonight while trimming it just smells so much better.

1 Like

Like @MeEasy coached me. A little Gentle LST will not hurt. Kind of like Yoga for plants.

Are you in fabric pots? I used yarn and safety pins. I tried to space out the branches and just gently pull them down. Increased tension now and again. I was able to open the canopy and had bonus colas. Heck those GG4s would have been 7ft but turned into short bushes.

Let me say it looked like I was crocheting a quilt. Nice thing with yarn and safety pins you can cut and change directions and tension any time.

Your girl is pretty!

I am absolutely no expert in any of these techniques. That is just what worked for me.

3 Likes

Wormy,

Looking top down I see three dominant branches (well two but another is promising). I would take those branches into some bondage but decide where. You have some outside branches so space them evenly - maybe one north an another southwest. The right side looks open for at least the promising middle right girl and try pulling her to the southeast?

That’s just me looking at it but I am sure someone can add more and better advice.

2 Likes

I don’t make hash. I use trim bins to collect Kief. Having fan leaves in the bin didn’t hurt anything

Gotta ask @Lacewing - Are you out of likes yet?

3 Likes

At this point all will be dried and added to the soil. Plants can’t walk and they grow up in the remains of the plants before them.

We’ll start over when the three are getting their second after drying trim with only one trim bin and the material will go straight into the freezer. Bless his soul for trying! I’ll “learn” him eventually about what a fan leaf really is.

5 Likes

Baby steps.

Finally convinced my wife to at least burping the curing material while I’m away.

2 Likes

Not yet lol

2 Likes

Well I am disappointed again. I think I let my first outdoor GG4 dry too long without enough humidity. Buds were small (think thumbnail) and crispy. With swamp cooler running the house was sitting @ 60%RH. Now it is sitting at 32%.

My other outdoor GG4 is going in the tent tomorrow. I am going to wet trim, put in my little desktop humidifier, get rid of the outside fan blowing in and just rely on my exhaust fan to pull passively.

I know it will get smoked by the family so no worries there. Just said I harvested more larf than bud!

I am also going to get one of those net hangers and some grove bags.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

@MeEasy @emgoldslo @MoBilly @BStarr @wormy @Calizona

5 Likes

Maybe ditch all or any fancy ideas and just go straight up paper bags …?
Sounds crazy but I think they helped me wick away moisture…I would also highly recommend grove bags .And another trick is a cheap wood moisture meter on Amazon because it’s still our job to get the moisture content right before curing …
If you put moist buds in a grove bag it’s going to keep them moist unless you burp it constantly at which point you may just use jars instead …not sure if you tagged him but @Newt really helped me big time understanding it

3 Likes

Thank Lacewing and thank you for tagging in newt. I am going to read up as much as I can before chopping my big GG4 tomorrow.

With the paper bags would I cut the buds and put them in there or do I leave them on the stems? Is there a reason we even dry on the stem at all?

2 Likes