Bunny Jane's Second Grow

I think it’s just growing more on the top not necessarily a foxtail, it looks really good I think I see the leaf you are talking about hope it continues to grow and doesn’t try to reveg that would slow things down but I’m not seeing it.
I really like the timers I found last year the ones I used to use were out of stock so I bought one of these and liked it more then the other one. These mechanical timers are nice for 24hr setup like 6/2 ,you just push down or pull up the little switches, and that brings up the only part I don’t like about them the switches are very little and hard to see if they’re up or down
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MWHQZX0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

3 Likes

Hey @JaneQP

They are all looking good. Great catch on the timer. See if there is a way to box it in so nothing can touch it.

Glad #SaveGary is starting to pay off!!!

Good luck :four_leaf_clover::+1:

4 Likes

Gary 2.0 for the win!

5 Likes

Everything is look great. We all break branches from time to time. It’s a learning thing.
Maybe get a olastic tub and stick the timer in it. Cut a few vent holes for the cords. That way nothing can touch is or what not.
I cant wait to see them when thay are half the size of the fence :slight_smile:

2 Likes

They all look great! Nice tomatoes too! Do you trim your sucker branches off of the tomatoes?

3 Likes

Normally I would but this year with the garden going gangbusters I haven’t had time! Switching the outdoor gardens to organic has made a world of difference in exponential growth (including nuisance weeds - bindweed, thistles, sticky weed and a few others from the open space behind us).

4 Likes

I’m trailing mine up a string. I think they are anywhere from 5 to 7 feet tall now. I’ll have to take a pic of them and I’ve been cutting all the sucker branches off.

3 Likes

I would love to see some pics!. I want to redo the tomato set up next year. We have them ringed around a buried 5 gallon bucket for deep root watering but with as big as they are trimming and harvesting is problematic.

3 Likes

I ran out and took a few pics. The cage (what we like to call it) is critter proof. The floor is lined with wire cloth so the voles, moles and ground squirrels can’t dig in. The sides are smooth enough the rats and mice can climb up and of course, it’s deer proof.

Tomatoes on the front left and right
Pole beans on the sides
Cant see but we have a 4 basil plants, a bunch of chard, a hot pepper plant, a mini eggplant, onions and carrots… oh and my pot plants are in there LOL.

It’s a friction’ jungle in there lol. But I can stand on the sides of the beds to reach, however; I cannot reach all the way to the top and both the tomatoes and pole beans will require a ladder from the outside to get to.

So I tie the twine to the top of the cage and anchor them down with landscape spikes. Then, for the tomatoes, just gently wrap the plant around the string as it grows. The pole beans just find their way up.

I may have put a little too much in there lol

The ‘cage’

Tomatoes

Pole Beans

My babies:
Purple Punch Auto

Acapulco Gold

Strawberry Cheesecake Auto

Just harvested my Girl Scout Cookie Auto so I have an empty wine barrel in there now

12 Likes

Now that is a beautiful setup :ok_hand::heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Thank you @MeEasy!

3 Likes

Wow! I hope I can plan something cool like that over the winter and build it in the spring.

Thanks to our cats we don’t have mice and voles and thanks the bobcat, coyotes and fox we don’t have rabbits and squirrels. I just need to keep the cats inside at night so they don’t become predator food.

3 Likes

We have all of those critters too. Our two cats can’t keep up with rodents but the Red Tail Hawks do a nice job. I think we just so much wildlife the predators can’t keep up LOL

3 Likes

What a day what a week your having. Here I was thinking it was only me it happens too.
Not really lol
The beautiful picture of cola centre stage as @anon33684698 shared looks fine from what I can see on my phone screen.
Pitty you didn’t get a cutting from the snapped branch.
Still could get some any way if your set up for it and got the time to care for a few bonus buds at the end. That’s what I did with my Bergman gold leaf last out door grow when I broke a branck

4 Likes

Been trying to get 2 purple punch bag seeds to germ for almost a week now :stuck_out_tongue: :wink: not sure it’s gonna happen though. Awesome enclosure!! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

???

Also absolutely BEAST veggie garden!

2 Likes

Thanks @PurpNGold74

Voles look like really fat mice with short stubby tails. The burrow underground and eat the roots of literally everything. One day you walk outside and you plant is laying on the ground without any roots:

Moles look really weird looking and they have bad temperaments. They ruin your yard with extensive tunnels and pop up volcano shaped mounds everywhere. While they eat insects, they destroy the yard.

6 Likes

What in the F…. I dislike rodents. Id abhor that monstrosity lol. U in Oz? Thats some Aussie :poop:

4 Likes

I’m dealing with moles right now. Hate them.

Just put poison bate in all their tunnels!

3 Likes

I can’t do the poison thing… both of my cats hunt the voles, moles, mice and rats and occasionally snakes

6 Likes